USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
May 1, 2024 at 6:29 AM Post #6,166 of 6,179
For BT, in my opinion, Poweramp has more settings/customizations. In which you can directly choose what codec to use and what depth/bitrate. Using this to configure my Creative BT-W5 on using aptX Adaptive HQ (24/96) to my FiiO UTWS5. In UAAP, i can't do it.

MvxpqvB.jpg

May 1, 2024 at 6:35 AM Post #6,167 of 6,179
For BT, in my opinion, Poweramp has more settings/customizations. In which you can directly choose what codec to use and what depth/bitrate. Using this to configure my Creative BT-W5 on using aptX Adaptive HQ (24/96) to my FiiO UTWS5. In UAAP, i can't do it.

MvxpqvB.jpg

So Poweramp can configure the BT-W5? For me the BT-W5 always presents as a USB device (not as BT) and I can only configure it from the Creative app.

May 1, 2024 at 9:47 AM Post #6,168 of 6,179

MvxpqvB.jpg
That's really interesting actually. I've never tried any other players before. I'm so used to uapp's ui and settings, plus the peak meter is nice as well!

May 1, 2024 at 9:54 AM Post #6,169 of 6,179
May 1, 2024 at 10:01 AM Post #6,170 of 6,179
May 1, 2024 at 10:06 AM Post #6,171 of 6,179
May 1, 2024 at 12:19 PM Post #6,172 of 6,179
Tried Bluetooooth Codec Changer and it won't do. It is looking for the internal bluetoooth of my phoone not the USB attached.

So I went to test UAAP again. Maybe, just maybe, now... Who knows... And happy to report that my Creative BT-W5 is functioning as a USB DAC sending aptX Adaptive HQ (24/96) to my FiiO UTWS (may be the updates did its magic). Though, need to disable High quality DSD conversion under Settings > USB Audio to avoid dropouts.

Compared to Poweramp...well you guessed it! Back again...

UPDATE: Although as said by the previoud poster, could not configure its BT codec. But playing at its hightest (aptX Adaptive HQ) is just enough for me.

ZMU55wz.jpg

In Poweramp to configure the "USB Dac", it was under: Settings > Audio > Output > Hi-Res Output > USB DAC

A9wRcN7.jpg
8zYqY3L.jpg
4oVaght.jpg
I0PRBlf.jpg

Last edited:
May 1, 2024 at 12:48 PM Post #6,174 of 6,179
Keep reading :)
I definitely plan on it, real interesting seeing how it evolved! I first used UAPP with my aging v20 around 2018ish. That would first carry all of my offline flacs. After I hit the 256gb max storage, I never ended up getting a 512gb SD card for some reason. Ended up moving over to a laptop with hard drive, and fiio k3 dac/ magni 3 amp setup to carry on with my digital library.

I currently don't have enough storage on my phone rn to carry all of those with me. (My overall library is up to like 320gb). So I'm mainly using UAPP with Tidal for now. Anyways I plan on getting a 512gb s24u soon, so I can carry my library with me and stream Tidal as well :)

May 1, 2024 at 3:08 PM Post #6,175 of 6,179
Tried Bluetooooth Codec Changer and it won't do. It is looking for the internal bluetoooth of my phoone not the USB attached.

So I went to test UAAP again. Maybe, just maybe, now... Who knows... And happy to report that my Creative BT-W5 is functioning as a USB DAC sending aptX Adaptive HQ (24/96) to my FiiO UTWS (may be the updates did its magic). Though, need to disable High quality DSD conversion under Settings > USB Audio to avoid dropouts.

ZMU55wz.jpg

In Poweramp to configure the "USB Dac", it was under: Settings > Audio > Output > Hi-Res Output > USB DAC

A9wRcN7.jpg
8zYqY3L.jpg
4oVaght.jpg
I0PRBlf.jpg
OT: The first time I heard Holly Cole's version of I Can See Clearly Now, back in '93, it blew my mind. Still does.

May 2, 2024 at 10:34 PM Post #6,176 of 6,179
Hi fellow UAPP users. Is it just me or is UAPP a power hog compared to PowerAmp?

Both apps are excellent music players imo, so I'm not concerned about the subjective experience of either. Both are source-transparent on my V60 to my ears in non-blind A/B testing, but as I was switching back and forth between apps on the same track I noticed that UAPP is definitely a few decibels louder at the same system volume than PowerAmp, so I had to volume normalize. Once I did volume normalizing there's no difference I can hear.

Has anyone else noticed any of that?

I'm asking because it seems like UAPP is a battery hog, if that's not just my imagination, I'd prefer to use PowerAmp, so I get maximum battery life.

Thanks!

May 2, 2024 at 11:20 PM Post #6,177 of 6,179

UPDATE: Although as said by the previoud poster, could not configure its BT codec. But playing at its hightest (aptX Adaptive HQ) is just enough for me.

ZMU55wz.jpg

A9wRcN7.jpg
8zYqY3L.jpg
4oVaght.jpg
I0PRBlf.jpg
Never heard this artist. Very nice!

May 4, 2024 at 12:58 AM Post #6,178 of 6,179
@Michaelman11
You're half way there! Keep going Bud! I'm rooting for ya!.....:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::vulcan:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back