TTVJ FET-A amp
Feb 6, 2009 at 5:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Todd

Headphone Vinyl Meister
Member of the Trade: TTVJ Audio
Hi All,

As of today the TTVJ FET-A amplifier is shipping! We are very excited to be able to have our own amp of this quality at this price point - $649 for the first 10 and $729 after.

Here is our description...

The TTVJ Fet-A headphone amp is a slightly different take on the general-purpose desktop headphone amp. Instead of using opamps, it's circuitry consists of entirely single-ended, class-A discrete transistor circuitry. Precision, low-noise JFET transistors are used for voltage amplification, and power MOS transistors are used for the output stage. Bipolar transistors are used for biasing.

Since JFET transistors make very linear amplifiers, no overall feedback is used in the design - only local feedback around one stage to stabilize the gain. The result is excellent overload characteristics and unmeasurable high-order distortion products.

The single-ended power MOS output stage is DC-coupled to the headphones, providing low output impedance and a very flat frequency response. It is capable of driving any headphones, and can deliver up to 9V RMS into 100 ohms.

The result is a combination of the best characteristics of tube and solid-state circuits: very low noise, low distortion, wide frequency response, and low output impedance, along with the excellent overload response and, of course, excellent sound.

Order now and get in on the lower pricing. And of course our 30 day money back guarantee insures you satisfaction with the TTVJ FET-A!

Todd

Mar 1, 2009 at 7:16 AM Post #2 of 7
Thanks Todd, for having such an excellent amp at a great price. I just bought one last week and am in headphone heaven. It is much more musical than my Grace 901. Needless to say, I will have my Grace up for sale.

Mar 25, 2009 at 6:55 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Damn. Is it that good? I was eyeing it too. Does it compare favorably to the Opera, HR2, GS1, GHC amp? Does it come with a PC? Is it 3 throng?

I cannot compare it to any of these aforementioned amps. But, having owned a lot of Hi-Fi, I can say that what I am hearing is:
1. Detail that I have come to know from good solid state amps and preamps, accurate high frequency response, extended but not harsh. I also think that the bass is tight, controlled, and deep.

2. Tube-like midrange. I hear lush mids and a good soundstage.

It does not come with a PC. It did come with a money back guarantee though. I opted to keep the amp.

Mar 25, 2009 at 7:05 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, please do tell how it compares to the Meier Opera (which I have). Also, what is the mW output rating, as well as the power consumption? Is the IEC input durable enough to use my 7 lb. VD power cord on?

I cannot compare it to the Meier Opera. Nor would I want to cut down a Meier product. I do believe, however, that this is a value product. It is half the price of an Opera, which may help some people. Another reason that I bought this amp is that I have a few DAC's and wanted a dedicated amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back