Trafomatic Head 2
May 8, 2024 at 5:29 PM Post #301 of 304
Some more time with the Head 2 SE
Definite improvement (or my perception getting adjusted, i dont know - whatever)

I tried Hd800S with the 300ohm setting, fantastic control, and impactful bass. (really!)
One strength I found is the placement of instruments, like they appear from unexpected points of the perceived stage and surprised me a couple of times.
It is also powerful, easily driving the d8000 pro and hs800s within their corresponding impedance settings. I haven't had need to pass 10 o clock so far.

I am still missing the tube magic, that euphoria that I can get from DNA Starlett, but I have started to enjoy it a lot.

PS: It is still early days. And I am no expert.

May 9, 2024 at 12:48 PM Post #303 of 304
The SE has different ECC88 tubes i believe, im not sure atm which they but i read somewhere that were Mullards and if thats the case they're good tubes.
If i have some spare time this weekend i'll open it and take a peek.

Some more time with the Head 2 SE
Definite improvement (or my perception getting adjusted, i dont know - whatever)

I tried Hd800S with the 300ohm setting, fantastic control, and impactful bass. (really!)
One strength I found is the placement of instruments, like they appear from unexpected points of the perceived stage and surprised me a couple of times.
It is also powerful, easily driving the d8000 pro and hs800s within their corresponding impedance settings. I haven't had need to pass 10 o clock so far.

I am still missing the tube magic, that euphoria that I can get from DNA Starlett, but I have started to enjoy it a lot.

PS: It is still early days. And I am no expert.
Are you using the stock power chord? If so throw it out and use a good quality one, that made significant impact on mine

May 9, 2024 at 1:21 PM Post #304 of 304
thanks for the comments, too early to tube roll, but at some point I will take a peek myself as I believe I do have a matched pair of 6922s somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back