ThieAudio Monarch MKII Experience
Apr 23, 2024 at 9:14 AM Post #1,187 of 1,193
Yep, I have compared those. So, you wrong, again..
Tanchjim Space measurements
Mojo 2 measurements

The Mojo has worse SINAD, (SNR, THD+S), Dynamic Range. It also has much worse Jitter and it has lower power and is bigger.

Does it make it a bad device? No, its basically transparent. But it is comparatively worse, so while I am not saying your device is bad, I am saying that you are wrong that it is better than the Tanchjim Space. 😉👍

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2024 at 9:24 AM Post #1,188 of 1,193
Help
Mk2 or mk3 or save cash and go Mega5est or hype 4? Use B2D.. tried variations and ie600 and didnt like them. Guess i like forward vocals.
Do you prefer more punch and correct weight to lower frequency instruments like bass guitars, piano, electronic bass? If you do go for the MMk3, if you prefer a cut between the bass and mids then go for the MMk2.

The Mega 5est sounds and plots like the new Dusk (default mode) but costs way more.

5est mids clearly loose to the Monarchs.

The so called technicalities go to the MMk3, the MMk2 is close, the 5est is less "resolving" with less "micro details". I don't hear any decent stage in any iems so don't see much importance to comment on it, but it is quite similar on all 3.

Hope this gives some comparison points, but you should absolutely try yourself, this matter is extremely subjective. And $1k ain't cheap.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2024 at 1:56 AM Post #1,191 of 1,193
Tanchjim Space measurements
Mojo 2 measurements

The Mojo has worse SINAD, (SNR, THD+S), Dynamic Range. It also has much worse Jitter and it has lower power and is bigger.

Does it make it a bad device? No, its basically transparent. But it is comparatively worse, so while I am not saying your device is bad, I am saying that you are wrong that it is better than the Tanchjim Space. 😉👍
Yanec, I closed that topic with you by sending you a link to show you that an amp can have U-shaped reply. It looks like it took you time to find the two links for me. And you know - OOOOO my god, Space is so good, that is just close to RME ADI-2 and a step behind from Hugo TT2. Don't get blinded by science!

Apr 24, 2024 at 5:34 AM Post #1,192 of 1,193
Yanec, I closed that topic with you by sending you a link to show you that an amp can have U-shaped reply. It looks like it took you time to find the two links for me. And you know - OOOOO my god, Space is so good, that is just close to RME ADI-2 and a step behind from Hugo TT2. Don't get blinded by science!

So you don't want me to provide the ASR reviews that show how the Space outperforms the Mojo 2 in all aspects? Because this makes your claim that the Mojo 2 is much better baseless. 😉

No need to repeat your usual claim that dac/amp measurements mean nothing, just because you advised the worse device since it's the one you own. My post just provides the facts, this is useful for the person who asked unless you oppose people reading facts. Now let's stop the offtop.

To that HTA200 video, it's a machine with a lot of distortion and incorrect, not transparent frequency response. Of course there are devices that are not correct. Not all devices can be. I have discussed it with Erin personally when he made the video that you tried to open my eye with, and what we talked about is that there are types of music that just don't work with such amps, classical is completely intolerable fir example.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2024 at 6:03 AM Post #1,193 of 1,193
Do you prefer more punch and correct weight to lower frequency instruments like bass guitars, piano, electronic bass? If you do go for the MMk3, if you prefer a cut between the bass and mids then go for the MMk2.

The Mega 5est sounds and plots like the new Dusk (default mode) but costs way more.

5est mids clearly loose to the Monarchs.

The so called technicalities go to the MMk3, the MMk2 is close, the 5est is less "resolving" with less "micro details". I don't hear any decent stage in any iems so don't see much importance to comment on it, but it is quite similar on all 3.

Hope this gives some comparison points, but you should absolutely try yourself, this matter is extremely subjective. And $1k ain't cheap.
" I don't hear any decent stage in any iems so don't see much importance to comment on it, but it is quite similar on all 3."
So you don't want me to provide the ASR reviews that show how the Space outperforms the Mojo 2 in all aspects? Because this makes your claim that the Mojo 2 is much better baseless. 😉

No need to repeat your usual claim that dac/amp measurements mean nothing, just because you advised the worse device since it's the one you own. My post just provides the facts, this is useful for the person who asked unless you oppose people reading facts. Now let's stop the offtop.

To that HTA200 video, it's a machine with a lot of distortion and incorrect, not transparent frequency response. Of course there are devices that are not correct. Not all devices can be. I have discussed it with Erin personally when he made the video that you tried to open my eye with, and what we talked about is that there are types of music that just don't work with such amps, classical is completely intolerable fir example.
Hi,
The ASR reviews are OK. I do not challenge the precision there. Second, it is a bad assumption of yours to think that I do not follow him and do not know about these reviews. But I would advice you to not get blinded by science - many measurements are far below the threshold that we can hear or will make a difference in a non-ideal system. And also, check this:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back