There is a DVD selling with Dolby Headphone Track!
Dec 7, 2001 at 1:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

sfxjames

100+ Head-Fier
Experience Dolby Headphone Surround with the movie Pearl Harbor. Check out more information on Headwise.com. There is even a review on it in terms of how it sounds in the video forum. Check it out.

I'm deffinitely buying my version.

smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 7, 2001 at 6:46 PM Post #3 of 11
Acidtripwow have you heard about the AKG Hearo777 Quadra? It's a wirless system very much like yours, as well as dolby headphone, and the Sony MDR-DS8000 but simulates eight speakers and even decodes Dolby 7.1 EX as well as DTS 7.1 ES. It's a an actual product that has already been advertised, unlike dolby headphone which hasn't been made into any CE product yet.

Dec 8, 2001 at 6:07 PM Post #7 of 11
I know, that's what sucks. But this headphone system challenges DH, sony, and all the rest. Eight Speakers?! The fact that it decodes Dolby 7.1 ex sounds awesome. Sony does too, but not with eight speakers! Hopefully they get it approved.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 10, 2001 at 11:19 PM Post #9 of 11
I got it Saturday and we watched it Saturday night. DTS soundtrack.

Sunday I put it in my laptop, and it wouldn't play right and wouldn't give me a soundtrack option. Put it back in the Pioneer DVD and switched to DH. Really pretty damned neat. Not as good as the DTS on the big system, but definitely listenable. Now if they'll only release mor and I can get it to work on the laptop.

The movie is too long, and too much of the story is the love stories. It's well over an hour in before there's really much action.

Great action once it starts.

Dec 12, 2001 at 9:33 AM Post #10 of 11
That's possibly the test, will DH make the DVD sell well instead of the film. So far I've been spreading the word. One co-worker of mine wants to borrow it to listen to the DH track, another I've discussed the DVD with has purchased it. I still haven't listen to it yet myself, too buisy. When I find the time I will.

Dec 13, 2001 at 7:26 AM Post #11 of 11
NOTE: I think it would be advisable to view Pearl harbor in a smaller room since it's set for DH1 which replicates a home theater in a small room, NOT A BIG WIDE SPACIOUS ROOM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back