The TWS + Neckband + BT Cable Adapter Thread
Apr 18, 2024 at 1:53 PM Post #541 of 547
Last edited:
Apr 18, 2024 at 2:04 PM Post #542 of 547
I have Shure TW2's. They are good although MMCX only variant available

:)
How does the sound compare to Fiio's UTWS3? They seem to have similar features and codec support but the Shure is double the price and possibly missing a dedicated amp. Also how is charging, do they have any issues like Fiio's adapters have? I see some people with a similar problems in reviews of the TW2 but not sure how widespread it is.

Apr 18, 2024 at 2:17 PM Post #543 of 547
A new Shangling MW200 via Alliexpress is being delivered in the next few days. I've decided that adapters are not the way for me. If anyone is interested, I will sell them unopened under cost for $95. plus shipping. If not, no sweat I'll return them.
SHANLING MW200 ME80+MW200 Wireless SET Bluetooth Neckband Adapter HI-RES Audio HIFI Earphone AK4377A DAC chip LDAC LHDC AptX HD
Subtotal $116.10
Tax $6.08
Total $122.18
If I didn't already have a spare from the 11.11 sale I would buy it from you in a heartbeat. Sad to hear that you're not interested in adapters anymore, but I also understand as you won't get as good of sound quality or as much power as even smaller portable DAC/amps like the 5K. IMO this is one of the best neckband adapters on the market, the comfort and power is much better than cheaper options and easily powers my 2-pin modded KSC35s to uncomfortable listening levels. The only thing that comes close is Hiby's WU1 but that hasn't been available for over a year at this point and doesn't have a solid neckband between the two halves so they move around a lot. My one complaint about the MW200 is that the cables are too long and the heat shrink is too flexible so the cable doesn't sit properly behind your ear. But that's a minor issue considering how great everything else is about the MW200. Whoever ends up buying it won't be disappointed.

Apr 18, 2024 at 2:55 PM Post #544 of 547
How does the sound compare to Fiio's UTWS3? They seem to have similar features and codec support but the Shure is double the price and possibly missing a dedicated amp. Also how is charging, do they have any issues like Fiio's adapters have? I see some people with a similar problems in reviews of the TW2 but not sure how widespread it is.
I can't compare them to other BT sets at the moment but I can say that they do justice to any IEMs you throw at them.

In terms of tuning they don't do much damage (are quite transparent) as well as technicalities (this suffers more than tuning but it's not bad..). I'd say, whatever you use with TW2's will operate at at least 75% capacity but wireless

Apr 22, 2024 at 9:24 PM Post #545 of 547
Moondrop EVO is in, so here is some first impression:

1) Case is big, bigger than iFi Go Pod.

2) BT connection is not particularly stable, even when running on SBC mode. Likely an issue of early firmware and can be remedied by firmware update.

3) Shallow 2 pins don't fit my deeper 2 pins IEM, but works fine with Moondrop's own IEM.

4) When the Snapdragon Sound (24/96) works, it really does sound pretty good. Shame it doesn't support LDAC nor stable enough to last a whole song.

5) I won't recommend it for now, at least not till firmware can be improved.

Apr 25, 2024 at 10:34 PM Post #546 of 547
A new Shangling MW200 via Alliexpress is being delivered in the next few days. I've decided that adapters are not the way for me. If anyone is interested, I will sell them unopened under cost for $95. plus shipping. If not, no sweat I'll return them.
SHANLING MW200 ME80+MW200 Wireless SET Bluetooth Neckband Adapter HI-RES Audio HIFI Earphone AK4377A DAC chip LDAC LHDC AptX HD
Subtotal $116.10
Tax $6.08
Total $122.18
Came today sealed well in bubble wrap. Any interest I will shipping on Saturday either to you or to the return address.

Apr 26, 2024 at 1:44 PM Post #547 of 547
Moondrop EVO is in, so here is some first impression:

1) Case is big, bigger than iFi Go Pod.

2) BT connection is not particularly stable, even when running on SBC mode. Likely an issue of early firmware and can be remedied by firmware update.

3) Shallow 2 pins don't fit my deeper 2 pins IEM, but works fine with Moondrop's own IEM.

4) When the Snapdragon Sound (24/96) works, it really does sound pretty good. Shame it doesn't support LDAC nor stable enough to last a whole song.

5) I won't recommend it for now, at least not till firmware can be improved.
That's a shame to hear - liked the idea of it, hopefully it improves over time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back