The discovery thread!
Apr 30, 2024 at 12:50 PM Post #100,156 of 100,160
You ever start and think that a lot of the music you enjoy just isn’t produced well enough for hifi gear?
Without question, especially since the "loudness wars" engulfed studios in the early 90s. Sadly, that trend still exists today.

Take Oasis, for example. One of my Mount Rushmore bands. And every one of their studio albums sounds like rubbish. Terrible mixing and mastering.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2024 at 1:04 PM Post #100,157 of 100,160
That kilobuck pricing really surprised me until I scrolled down to see it's just a placeholder. What do you think the actual price will be? I'm thinking $179 USD.

Detailed etching on the faceplates and the shell facing your ears. That's going above and beyond. So... is there any ear irritation since it isn't smooth?
not at all. it's quite comfortable and there's no sharp edge that will hurt my ears. and yes, it's so beautifully crafted that i don't know why it could be priced so reasonably.

Apr 30, 2024 at 1:15 PM Post #100,159 of 100,160
What strain of weed are they smoking? I'd like to try. :)
Right? Here's an example. There was also a recent episode of the Darko Podcast where Srajan was talking about a former customer of his in California who swore he could do the same (and apparently never actually played his records).

Apr 30, 2024 at 1:20 PM Post #100,160 of 100,160
Without question, especially since the "loudness wars" engulfed studios in the early 90s. Sadly, that trend still exists today.

Take Oasis, for example. One of my Mount Rushmore bands. And every one of their studio albums sounds like rubbish. Terrible mixing and mastering.
most Prince albums belong in this category too imo, genius musician... awful at the actual mixes of the tracks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back