Soon to be... LTA R2R DAC
May 5, 2024 at 9:04 AM Post #121 of 126
When did you place your order for the Aero?
Gosh, it seems like an eternity ago. I think it was back last October or the first week of November when I placed my order for the Aero. Many years ago I purchased some equipment for my speaker system (s) from a former NASA engineer in Bethesda (and met David Berning a couple of times) (alas, the David Berning equipment along with my entire stereo system was stolen). More years later, I began pestering Nicholas at LTA by stopping and spending a number of hours at LTA's shop in Takoma Park. By the way, being a typical audiophile, I went through a variety of stereo combinations over the years but recently returned to David Berning's fold with the addition of a headphone system.

May 7, 2024 at 7:42 PM Post #123 of 126
Well, it looks like the wait is about over.
Just received this in an email:

Now Shipping!
Aero DAC & Velo Headphone Amp / Preamp​

Velo and Aero on white table with flower
We are excited to announce that LTA's newest products - the Aero DAC & Velo headphone amp / preamp - are now in full production.
We are busy fulfilling units for the patient and faithful customers who pre-ordered. New orders ship in ~3-4 weeks.

May 10, 2024 at 5:58 PM Post #124 of 126
There is another Aero Thread and I posted this initial observation regarding the Aero:

Initial Thoughts on the Aero Dac --

I recently made several enhancements to my headphone setup, which included rearranging my equipment and upgrading cables before adding the Aero Dac. I started by placing an Aurender A10 and an LTA MZ3 amplifier on a solid wood table, supported by Acoustic iso-pods, which worked reasonably well with my Audeze LCD X and Meze 109 Pro headphones. However, the performance with the T+A Solitaire T headphones was lacking. Despite high-resolution streaming from Qobuz and Tidal, I noticed a slight veil and a harsh digital edge to the treble across all headphones.

To address this, I upgraded to Wywires Platinum headphone cables, which brought noticeable improvements in soundstage width, clarity, and midrange performance. Yet, the sound still fell short of my expectations. This led me to try Voodoo iso-pods under the Aurender, and continuing to use Acoustic iso-pods under the Mz3, which resulted in a significant lift in audio quality, prompting me to reconsider my need for the Aero Dac. The positive outcome encouraged me to use additional Voodoo pods under the Aurender connected to my speaker system, enhancing instrument definition and bass detail dramatically in the speaker setup.

Upon integrating the Aero Dac, which I set on a separate wood stand with Voodoo iso-pods beneath it, the improvement was undeniable. The setup, linked via a Wywires Platinum USB cable, produced exceptional sound quality across all three headphones, including the Solitaire T.

The Aero Dac brought a fluidity to streaming high-resolution audio from Qobuz and Tidal that was truly striking. With the Audeze LCD X, the nuances in recording quality became markedly evident. On superior recordings, brass instruments were rendered with outstanding transparency and realism, while drums exhibited a vibrant sheen. Treble extensions in all instruments were lively yet smooth, avoiding any harshness. Vocals, from artists like Ella Fitzgerald, Patricia Barber, Emmylou Harris, Diana Krall, and Frank Sinatra, were intimate and detailed, capturing every breath with clarity. (By way of note, with this new setup with the Aero, there are recordings of Patrcia Barber, Madeleine Peyroux and Melody Gardot which were either unclear or unlikeable that are now breathtaking). The LCD X maintained its analytical precision yet introduced an organic warmth that set a new standard not only in my setup but in comparison to others I've had the opportunity to audition. In conclusion, the Aero Dac excels in delivering engaging, musical sound devoid of the typical digital artifacts often associated with digital playback.

May 11, 2024 at 7:25 PM Post #125 of 126
Day three with my Aero and I will not even try to explain what I'm hearing or feeling other than say it is the greatest audio experience I've had.
I look forward to actual audiophile reviews in the future.
Only the impact on my bank account over the past 15 years indicates I may be an audiophile as I lack the ability to put my experience into eloquent or accepted words to be an 'true' audiophile.
I hope many people can hear this dac for themselves.
In the end, I can not be anymore pleased.

May 11, 2024 at 7:37 PM Post #126 of 126
Day three with my Aero and I will not even try to explain what I'm hearing or feeling other than say it is the greatest audio experience I've had.
I look forward to actual audiophile reviews in the future.
Only the impact on my bank account over the past 15 years indicates I may be an audiophile as I lack the ability to put my experience into eloquent or accepted words to be an 'true' audiophile.
I hope many people can hear this dac for themselves.
In the end, I can not be anymore pleased.

Glad you're loving it!

Welcome to the Brotherhood (and Sisterhood) of R2R/Multibit DAC Lovers! :L3000:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back