Sony Walkman custom firmware (non-Android)
Apr 26, 2024 at 3:27 PM Post #8,221 of 8,223
Hello, mate! I'm using WM1A right now and using WM1Z sig with higher gain "1" option.

I've read a bit in the forum that I should NOT turn the high gain mode on the PLAYER so I can use the higher gain "1" in the settings file, is that correct?
Even if I have to use higher volume step?

Also, did someone make a measurement about how high is the "higher" gain?

Thanks in advance.

Apr 27, 2024 at 5:07 AM Post #8,222 of 8,223
So, I have done some measurements on my WM1A.
All measurements were done with Walkman One firmware (Walkman_One_J123_(07_03).zip) with Bright signature.
The player was in DAC mode, the signal from its balanced output was routed through a 47 Ohm load to the input of the PreSonus Audiobox 22VSL audio interface.

I checked the effect of DC Phase Linearizer settings on the player's output frequency response, and compared the output frequency response for a few regions.

The results of my measurements are on the attached pictures.
Nice work!

Apr 27, 2024 at 1:07 PM Post #8,223 of 8,223
So, I have done some measurements on my WM1A.
All measurements were done with Walkman One firmware (Walkman_One_J123_(07_03).zip) with Bright signature.
The player was in DAC mode, the signal from its balanced output was routed through a 47 Ohm load to the input of the PreSonus Audiobox 22VSL audio interface.

I checked the effect of DC Phase Linearizer settings on the player's output frequency response, and compared the output frequency response for a few regions.

The results of my measurements are on the attached pictures.

Looking at the "regions" - it's all the same :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back