Sony budget earphone discussion thread (MH750, MH755, MH1C, EX300, etc)
Apr 17, 2024 at 11:24 AM Post #2,537 of 2,543
will give this one a try when i find the time for the procedure. what foam tips do you use, original sony ones?where to buy?and in reverse sounds to me that they become smaller towards the iem??
i really liked the e 5000 sound signature whise but had to let it go due to the huge power requirements/low volumes in portable setting
Comply T-500 medium or large, depending on what fits you best.

No it's the opposite, it's better in reverse because that way the tip won't cover the IEM nozzle when they're in your ear.

Apr 19, 2024 at 5:54 AM Post #2,538 of 2,543
Comply T-500 medium or large, depending on what fits you best.

No it's the opposite, it's better in reverse because that way the tip won't cover the IEM nozzle when they're in your ear.
have you tried the official sony foam tips? have you tried other silicon sony tips? with the t 500 it says the average lifespan is about 2-3 months, kind of a dealbreaker for me when they degrade that quickly. the silicon tips that came with eg my Sony XBA 40 are still going strong and can be soap washed for renewed comfort..

Apr 19, 2024 at 9:29 AM Post #2,539 of 2,543
have you tried the official sony foam tips? have you tried other silicon sony tips? with the t 500 it says the average lifespan is about 2-3 months, kind of a dealbreaker for me when they degrade that quickly. the silicon tips that came with eg my Sony XBA 40 are still going strong and can be soap washed for renewed comfort..
Yes I tried other silicon tips on other IEMs, but I always found they add a metallic tinge to the sound compared to foam tips. You're right with the lifespan of Comply tips.

If you want to try silicon tips, I found the regular JVC Spiral Dots to sound the most natural (least amount of metallic tinge) compared to other silicon tips I've tried (Spiral Dot++, SpinFits, Sony Hybrid, Final E and a couple of others that I don't remember off the back of my head)

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2024 at 3:43 PM Post #2,540 of 2,543
Yes I tried other silicon tips on other IEMs, but I always found they add a metallic tinge to the sound compared to foam tips. You're right with the lifespan of Comply tips.

If you want to try silicon tips, I found the regular JVC Spiral Dots to sound the most natural (least amount of metallic tinge) compared to other silicon tips I've tried (Spiral Dot++, SpinFits, Sony Hybrid, Final E and a couple of others that I don't remember off the back of my head)
Great, I just ordered Spiral++ in 2 sizes a couple of months ago that I found inferior to the stock Sony Silicon Tips (too much treble elevation, kind of harsh with mh750) and now you are saying I have to order some Spiral + tips.. at least I know my size now:)
Just for kicks will try these comply tips also. Is it essential to use these exact version or other comply tips ok to? It looks like the ones you recommended are not "compatible" with any Sony model

Apr 22, 2024 at 10:11 AM Post #2,541 of 2,543
Great, I just ordered Spiral++ in 2 sizes a couple of months ago that I found inferior to the stock Sony Silicon Tips (too much treble elevation, kind of harsh with mh750) and now you are saying I have to order some Spiral + tips.. at least I know my size now:)
Just for kicks will try these comply tips also. Is it essential to use these exact version or other comply tips ok to? It looks like the ones you recommended are not "compatible" with any Sony model
I meant regular Spiral Dot tips aka EP-FX9, not the + version because that one and the ++ have a different material then the regular Spiral Dots.

You could use other versions of Comply tips, as long as the hole in the tip is atleast as big as the nozzle of the MH750. I found T-500 in reverse to give me the best seal.

Apr 27, 2024 at 8:57 AM Post #2,542 of 2,543
KakaoTalk_20240427_203458004.jpg

I tried the Symphonium Meteor recently.

Right from the start, something felt off about the midrange.

The MH755 has a straightforward, smart tuning that feels spot-on.

The Meteor has great clarity, excellent consistency between drivers, and good dynamics, but a weird midrange messes it all up. The more I listen, the more I appreciate its consistency and dynamics, making it sound somewhat appealing, but it's not something I'd love forever. This feeling reminds me of the Dorado 2020. I think a score around 4.5 would be good.

On the other hand, the Dusk(3.5mm analog, not a DSP cable) has an excellent midrange, better than the top 1%, but it unnecessarily follows trends like 64audio with too much emphasis on the high treble, making vocals and instruments sound a bit sharp and messing up the tone. The coherence between drivers is lacking, especially in dynamics, making it sound relatively flat in a dynamic sense. Still, after comparing them recently to the em6l, magic one, volume, performer8, hype2, and quintet, I found that both the quintet and dusk appealed to me the most. These two are worth a score similar to the MH755(5.0).

I'm considering the Symphonium Crimson as my next IEM. Hoping for a score of 5.5 or higher!

+++
I would like to downgrade Meteor from 4.5 to 4.0. The Meteor has a noticeably worse midrange than the N3ap, and has a similar immersion feel to Project Refine's Driver A ($22 IEM).

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2024 at 9:29 PM Post #2,543 of 2,543
KakaoTalk_20240427_203458004.jpg

I tried the Symphonium Meteor recently.

Right from the start, something felt off about the midrange.

The MH755 has a straightforward, smart tuning that feels spot-on.

The Meteor has great clarity, excellent consistency between drivers, and good dynamics, but a weird midrange messes it all up. The more I listen, the more I appreciate its consistency and dynamics, making it sound somewhat appealing, but it's not something I'd love forever. This feeling reminds me of the Dorado 2020. I think a score around 4.5 would be good.

On the other hand, the Dusk(3.5mm analog, not a DSP cable) has an excellent midrange, better than the top 1%, but it unnecessarily follows trends like 64audio with too much emphasis on the high treble, making vocals and instruments sound a bit sharp and messing up the tone. The coherence between drivers is lacking, especially in dynamics, making it sound relatively flat in a dynamic sense. Still, after comparing them recently to the em6l, magic one, volume, performer8, hype2, and quintet, I found that both the quintet and dusk appealed to me the most. These two are worth a score similar to the MH755(5.0).

I'm considering the Symphonium Crimson as my next IEM. Hoping for a score of 5.5 or higher!

+++
I would like to downgrade Meteor from 4.5 to 4.0. The Meteor has a noticeably worse midrange than the N3ap, and has a similar immersion feel to Project Refine's Driver A ($22 IEM).
I don't know for sure if your posts are serious or not, but they're certainly entertaining!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back