Solid State Logic SSL12. Don´t miss out on this one. Best AIO money can buy.
Feb 11, 2024 at 2:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

OCC7N

Headphoneus Supremus
Screenshot 2023-08-15 at 13.26.37.png

It has two chips of the ESS9080 on picture as far as I can see. Picture is from gearslutz.

How they made this thing sound so sweet in the highs and with a good body, is surprising. I would never had guessed on ESS. It does not sound like RME ADI-2 FS. I find this more on the musical side and have more body. The headphones out is actually quiete decent. I have it on 1 o clock for my HE400SE and find it pretty high.

OIP.jpg
3215Solid-State-Logic-SSL-12-Audio-Interface_5.jpg
SSL12-&-360.1ae3bb277993f39e54519fa108c022b7.png

What is it? it looks like a mixer with a bunch of knobs.

This interface I would say is for the one who wants it all for a very good price. Streamer/Gaming(micropone), Discord, HiFi music 32Bit/192Khz PCM. No DSD. The main purpose of this DAW is to record and produce music, but it does everything else as good!

Let me say I did own the SSL2+ ...this one is beyond that one in sound for sure.

USB 3.0 interface. and here is some other information and specs: https://www.solidstatelogic.com/products/ssl-12

Lastly ROCK SOLID DRIVERS! The included SSL360 software has so many features. You can split the outputs into 4 channels and control them individually.
example: Discord, Game, Foobar2000, Cubase Pro ... control each individual output.

You can change soo many features. Outputs to unbalanced, the headphone has also sensitive/setting outputs for IEM ....soo many things!

The chain: Computer -> JCAT USB XE(With USB Enhancer) -> USB Cable(Anker USB 3.0 cable Powerline+) -> SSL12 -> HE400SE
I also have the outputs 3/4 balanced going to my headamp HE-9 LE XLR inputs, which takes the sound to even better experience.

I specifically wanted a cable without chip and a true 3.0 wiring. Anker does it good though!

Breakin periode 300-500hours

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back