Shall i upgrade my revo to the terratec phase 22?
May 27, 2004 at 4:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

amol

500+ Head-Fier
I was looking at the phase 22, i basically dont wanna use any speakers, just use headphones, so i was thinking of selling the revo and getting the phase 22, it is costing 120$, the EMU seems to be out of my price range for now. It gives a spec of 110db DR, and balanced outputs.

Do you think i should be selling the revo and getting the phase 22 instead? I need to take the decision very fast, in less than a week..
Should i see any increase in the sound quality?
help me out..

thanks.

May 27, 2004 at 4:56 PM Post #2 of 6
Most of us never heard modded Revo and Phase 22. It's an incremental upgrade probably. Why don't you just save for emu?

May 28, 2004 at 7:39 AM Post #3 of 6
if you want some serious upgrade, don't go just with different DAC which gives you maybe 3dB higher specs, you need more than that, you need low jitter clock, which is not really a case for either Revo nor Phase, they're based on the same Envy24HT in a common configuration..

also, if you feel modded Revo is not enough for you, using Philips HP890, I think the problem is lying somewhere else.. I was quite happy with my modded Revo, though it got beaten by modded NAD C541i, but certainly it was in the same league..

May 28, 2004 at 7:58 AM Post #4 of 6
Just save up and be patient, get a proper upgrade. The improvement may have been noticable between an unmodded Revo and a Phase (not heard either though), but seeing as it is modded, then you'd be better off with an external DAC, IMHO.

May 28, 2004 at 2:36 PM Post #6 of 6
no way

Users who are viewing this thread

Back