Seeking Advice on Touch Typing Course
Mar 7, 2024 at 12:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

sajesak

Head-Fier
Hello everyone,

I'm interested in taking a touch typing course to improve my typing speed and accuracy.

However, I'm unsure which course to choose from the plethora of options available online.

I've heard good things about programs like TypingClub, Keybr, and Ratatype, but I'm not sure which one would be the best fit for me.

Could anyone who has taken a touch typing course recommend one that they found particularly helpful?

I'm looking for something user-friendly with engaging lessons and preferably free or reasonably priced.

Mar 7, 2024 at 12:10 AM Post #2 of 4
Hello everyone,

I'm interested in taking a touch typing course to improve my typing speed and accuracy.

However, I'm unsure which course to choose from the plethora of options available online.

I've heard good things about programs like TypingClub, Keybr, and Ratatype, but I'm not sure which one would be the best fit for me.

Could anyone who has taken a touch typing course recommend one that they found particularly helpful to Learn touch type?

I'm looking for something user-friendly with engaging lessons and preferably free or reasonably priced.
Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Mar 7, 2024 at 4:43 AM Post #3 of 4
Apr 1, 2024 at 3:08 AM Post #4 of 4
Mavis Beacon taught me touch typing when I was at hunt and peck level:

"Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing is an application software program designed to teach touch typing. Released in late 1987 by The Software Toolworks, the program aimed to enhance users' typing skills through a series of interactive lessons and games."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mavis_Beacon_Teaches_Typing

A good keyboard will make a noticeable difference in your typing speed. I went to the library to use the computer and ended up on a desktop with an IBM mechanical keyboard in the middle of a room of teenagers.

I had those keys popping loud and fast as I could go and they didn't know what to think...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back