Predator DAC just went kerflooey??
Jul 8, 2008 at 8:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

tnmike1

Headphoneus Supremus
Just plugged in my Predator into my main computer like I always do, opened Itunes and nuttin' total silence. Checked all switches on Predator and everything plugged in like it supposed to be.

Sound out of computer works OK with external speakers, but apparently something's up with the Predator.
anyone have any ideas that can help with this???

Jul 8, 2008 at 9:34 PM Post #2 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by tnmike1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just plugged in my Predator into my main computer like I always do, opened Itunes and nuttin' total silence. Checked all switches on Predator and everything plugged in like it supposed to be.

Sound out of computer works OK with external speakers, but apparently something's up with the Predator.
anyone have any ideas that can help with this???

Is the switch for the amp section in the up position? Make sure it is in the down position for the USB.

Jul 8, 2008 at 9:38 PM Post #3 of 7
If the external speakers work and they are plugged to your sound card, then the computer is not recognizing the DAC as the active sound device. Unplug the DAC, reboot, and plug in the DAC again. Check the Control Panel audio tab to be sure that the USB Audio Device is the active one.

P.S. I have found that if you open iTunes and then plug in the Predator, iTunes will not recognize the DAC even though the computer shows it active. Close iTunes, unplug and re-plug the DAC, then open iTunes to solve this problem. I always plug in the Predator before opening iTunes to avoid this glitch.

Jul 8, 2008 at 11:56 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Orcin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If the external speakers work and they are plugged to your sound card, then the computer is not recognizing the DAC as the active sound device. Unplug the DAC, reboot, and plug in the DAC again. Check the Control Panel audio tab to be sure that the USB Audio Device is the active one.

P.S. I have found that if you open iTunes and then plug in the Predator, iTunes will not recognize the DAC even though the computer shows it active. Close iTunes, unplug and re-plug the DAC, then open iTunes to solve this problem. I always plug in the Predator before opening iTunes to avoid this glitch.

YUP that did it. Plugged Predator in first, then opened Itunes and worked like acharm. Must've been doing that procedure all along and didn't evenknow it.

Now why didn't they tell you THAT in the Itunes or the Predator instructions??

Many thanks. Another happy camper using the Predator with computer and laptop.

Jul 9, 2008 at 12:30 AM Post #5 of 7
I am betting that this behavior is an iTunes bug. I am using WinXP, maybe it doesn't occur on a Mac.

Jul 9, 2008 at 12:41 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

maybe it doesn't occur on a Mac.

Definitely not. Using something like Sound Source –found here or the sound control panel forces any output to what's set regardless of when the app launches.

Jul 9, 2008 at 1:30 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is the switch for the amp section in the up position? Make sure it is in the down position for the USB.

I did this to myself more than a few occasions.

Since OP got the problem down, then we are all happy
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back