OLED mini panels in gears like DACS, Streamers...
Feb 22, 2024 at 11:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

eldap

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is the best place to post for this thread but it's my first post on Head-Fi and I'm not aware of all "protocols" :wink:

I've chosen 'computer audio' because I'm planning to buy a new DAC to replace my PS Audio DirectStream and I'm considering the Cen.Grand DSDAC 1.0 Superfclock.
I had some messages exchanges with this firm and been told that the display panel is OLED and cannot be switched off or dimmed.
They also told me that the gear can be switched on 24/24 without any risks for the display.

I had once a Naim NDS DAC / Streamer and the OLED display went burnt after several years, beeing switched on 24/24, even at low dim.

So, it was more than 10 years ago, and maybe technology is quite beter now for this kind of OLED display?

What do you think ?
What is your experience?

Ideally also witth a Cen.Grand DSDAC 1.0 :wink:

Sorry for my English but I'm French!

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2024 at 3:36 PM Post #2 of 3
Bought last year a top of the line LG EP950 OLED monitor. And by default it turns off after 5 minutes if unused to conserve the panel (as explained from the manual). So that is something to think about...

Feb 22, 2024 at 4:11 PM Post #3 of 3
Bought last year a top of the line LG EP950 OLED monitor. And by default it turns off after 5 minutes if unused to conserve the panel (as explained from the manual). So that is something to think about...
Yes, you're right.
It's hard to believe that this kind of feature in not a standard for OLED display panels.
At least a dimmer option with full off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back