Official Sony DMP-Z1 Thread
Apr 20, 2024 at 7:27 PM Post #4,306 of 4,314
Tou mean because of the hard-panning of L/R channels ?

I had something like this on a modern 2011 24-bit/96kHz album on yhe very last travk... vhorus hard-oanned to the R and kettle drums to the left, orchestra was pk

Exactly. Or even whole parts of songs, often at the start, fully just in one channel. But these are a small, small, very small fraction of my music library. Not a big deal.

Can I just repeat how AMAZING this DMP-Z1 is? I don't even want to listen to music on anything else. :)

Apr 21, 2024 at 3:06 AM Post #4,307 of 4,314
Exactly. Or even whole parts of songs, often at the start, fully just in one channel. But these are a small, small, very small fraction of my music library. Not a big deal.

Can I just repeat how AMAZING this DMP-Z1 is? I don't even want to listen to music on anything else. :)

Exactly this. I don’t listen to any of my other audio devices ( even though, i will start listening / using my Shanling M30, again, but in the time, i have listened, the DMP-Z1, is so obviously superior. )

On no other device, would have i listened for over 4.000 hours, ( Which would have been more, if not able to use for 9 months. ) in less than 3 years. The audio quality is unique. Like no other audio, i’ve ever heard & even improves, dependent on the headphone(s) you use.

Apr 21, 2024 at 3:10 AM Post #4,308 of 4,314
Maybe someone of you had the opportunity to compare the dmp z1 and the Ibasso dx32max ti?my first intention was to buy the z1,but here in Italy is impossible to find and unit and buying out Europe the fees were really high..so in the end I bought the 320max ti and the sound imo is really amazing

Apr 21, 2024 at 4:01 AM Post #4,309 of 4,314
Maybe someone of you had the opportunity to compare the dmp z1 and the Ibasso dx32max ti?my first intention was to buy the z1,but here in Italy is impossible to find and unit and buying out Europe the fees were really high..so in the end I bought the 320max ti and the sound imo is really amazing
Be happy with what you got, sooner or later Sony will release DMP-Z1 replacement.
I was never a fan of the AKM chip used in it, people over hyped it. DMP-Z1 is a great little DAP, but considering how old it is, buying second hand means if anything happens, Sony might not be able to repair it.

I didn't like max sound, it wasn't for me. I much prefer Z1 sound. But I will wait for DMP replacement, whenever it comes out.

Apr 21, 2024 at 4:47 AM Post #4,310 of 4,314

Exactly the same thing, the DMP-Z1 has satisfied my urges to try anything new... and I have left my WM1A in the drawer and using it only as a travel DAP.

All of my headphones had changed, including the XVA-Z5. Recordings that I used to think that they were outright bu and i was waiting for a newer refreshed interpretation of them... the MP-Z1 has proven to reveal their full potential of those albums. Of course, their albums that are right bad and because of Z1 i've replaced them with new refreshed interpretations (for example Handel's trio sonatas).

Apr 24, 2024 at 9:29 AM Post #4,311 of 4,314
Be happy with what you got, sooner or later Sony will release DMP-Z1 replacement.
I was never a fan of the AKM chip used in it, people over hyped it. DMP-Z1 is a great little DAP, but considering how old it is, buying second hand means if anything happens, Sony might not be able to repair it.

I didn't like max sound, it wasn't for me. I much prefer Z1 sound. But I will wait for DMP replacement, whenever it comes out.
So you don't own the Z1 heard it a few times and think people over hyped it, why just because you never owned one, lol. I currently own the MSB Premier DAC (my main DAC in my home system) DMP-Z1 and the ZM2. Please don't come here and talk out of your hat! The DAC chip AKM or any other depends on how it was implemented by the designer. The DMP took 3 years in the making, and it was not just the AKM chip which contributed to its superb sound. We didn't buy it because it was overhyped, we spent our hard-earned money on something which was a fantastic sounding and engineered piece of audio gear.

Apr 24, 2024 at 5:08 PM Post #4,312 of 4,314
So you don't own the Z1 heard it a few times and think people over hyped it, why just because you never owned one, lol. I currently own the MSB Premier DAC (my main DAC in my home system) DMP-Z1 and the ZM2. Please don't come here and talk out of your hat! The DAC chip AKM or any other depends on how it was implemented by the designer. The DMP took 3 years in the making, and it was not just the AKM chip which contributed to its superb sound. We didn't buy it because it was overhyped, we spent our hard-earned money on something which was a fantastic sounding and engineered piece of audio gear.
Did you not read what I wrote properly, or just wanted to let out some steam?

What a rude entitled individual you are.

Apr 25, 2024 at 6:13 AM Post #4,313 of 4,314
Did you not read what I wrote properly, or just wanted to let out some steam?

What a rude entitled individual you are.
Exactly is the same thing I think. I bought it because I know that it will have the best quality to do it from any Sony product I owned in the past. I also got it knowing it was going to be a special device limited edition Sony device you know.... those qualia stuff.

The gray quality is not only because of the DAV chip. It's also the components that the engineers choose.

Apr 26, 2024 at 2:48 PM Post #4,314 of 4,314
Deleted. Formatted card to Wm1z2 and it worked in the unit. All 1.5 TB.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back