New up-frequency player software HI-Player, better sound quality, smaller size, lower power consumption
Mar 6, 2024 at 8:42 AM Post #16 of 29
Hi ,

I’ve been using the app for a few days now and it really does sound great.

Could you maybe provide a remote control app for iOS/andoid at some point? I know you have implemented DLNA but the sound quality isn’t the same as playing directly through the hi-player app.

Mar 6, 2024 at 8:56 AM Post #17 of 29
Hi ,

I’ve been using the app for a few days now and it really does sound great.

Could you maybe provide a remote control app for iOS/andoid at some point? I know you have implemented DLNA but the sound quality isn’t the same as playing directly through the hi-player app.
Thank you for your interest in HI-Player. The current focus is on developing the window version. The mobile phone control app will be added to the work after the windows version is completed.

Mar 6, 2024 at 9:58 AM Post #18 of 29
Thank you for your interest in HI-Player. The current focus is on developing the window version. The mobile phone control app will be added to the work after the windows version is completed.
Thank you for the quick reply.

I’m using a Gustard u18 DDc which feeds a Musician Pegasus via i2s.

For some reason hi-player is saying that the Gustard doesn’t support 512dsd but it does. Is this a limitation of Mac OS (Mac mini m2) or a communication problem between hi-player and the Gustard u18?

Mar 6, 2024 at 10:05 AM Post #20 of 29
I’ve had it running on a 2014 i7 MacBook Pro without any issues but I don’t have a specific anti virus running. Does the virus virus scanner create a log file that you can take a look at?

Mar 6, 2024 at 11:40 AM Post #23 of 29
If we airplay from an iOS device, HI-Player only receives 256 AAC because of Airplay 2 restrictions, right?

There's no way to feed HI-Player lossless airplay at the moment, right?

Mar 7, 2024 at 8:21 AM Post #24 of 29
Thank you for the quick reply.

I’m using a Gustard u18 DDc which feeds a Musician Pegasus via i2s.

For some reason hi-player is saying that the Gustard doesn’t support 512dsd but it does. Is this a limitation of Mac OS (Mac mini m2) or a communication problem between hi-player and the Gustard u18?
I test with Gustard R26, it does not support DSD512, it uses an earlier HI-Player version, other Gustard decoders are not tested;
Mac usb typeC devices use DSD512 and require the DAC to support native DSD1024.

Mar 7, 2024 at 8:35 AM Post #26 of 29
If we airplay from an iOS device, HI-Player only receives 256 AAC because of Airplay 2 restrictions, right?

There's no way to feed HI-Player lossless airplay at the moment, right?
The airplay2 transfer I tested between Mac BookPro(2015 mac osX 10.13) and Mac M1/M2 used alac format (rtp/udp). If apple music could set the save format to lossless, Then the music marked with 44100/16bit/2ch format is lossless compressed into alac transmission to HI-Player;
Higher sample rate music downsample to 44k/16bit/2ch, if apple music Settings are saved in aac format, then lossy compression (aac 256kbps) decompressed and compressed again to alac format, airplay2 to HI-Player;

Mar 7, 2024 at 8:40 AM Post #27 of 29
I installed hiplayer trial on my Mac mini i7, but it crashed immediately. It also interfered with my virus scanner.
I received a crash from the app store background, and the v3.1 HI-Player released today has fixed this problem. If you still have problems after updating the v3.1 version, please send the crash log to hi_playerdsd@163.com, and I will deal with your problem immediately. Fix your problem in the next version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back