Neumann NDH 30
May 2, 2024 at 7:03 PM Post #4,906 of 4,914
Hd600 needs a tube amp or class A amps that are tube like in sound character to sound it's best. Using it with class A Rebel amp and getting great results especially on tracks that take advantage of it's characteristics.
Amps with lots of power at 300 Ohms - the v281, BHC, BHCs, Echo 2, and XDUOO T-26 are the ones I have heard that work best.

May 2, 2024 at 7:40 PM Post #4,907 of 4,914
Hd600 needs a good tube amp or class A amps that are tube like in sound character to sound it's best. Using it with class A Rebel amp and getting great results especially on tracks that take advantage of its characteristics.
Fixed that for you :beerchug:

May 3, 2024 at 8:25 AM Post #4,909 of 4,914
I’ve tried the HD600 with more than enough power and still they didn’t do what I wanted.
They were pretty good though.
Guess they aren't for you, which is fine. Listen to your ears and enjoy the music. :)

May 6, 2024 at 4:04 PM Post #4,910 of 4,914
Wow, half a month passed without a post here! I guess we all found our end game headphone in the NDH 30! lol
I've stopped looking. The NDH 30 isn't perfect (no headphone is, or even can be for everyone) but I'm simply not willing to spend the amount on a headphone that would be needed to get any real improvement. But then I'm mostly an ATC speaker guy. For me the NDH 30 is the new HD 650 - almost without fault and not bettered by anything anywhere near its price point.

Last edited:
May 7, 2024 at 3:26 AM Post #4,911 of 4,914
Are the NDH more dynamic and bold than the HD600?
The problem I had with the HD600 is they weren’t dynamic and punchy enough.
They also had a smallish sound if that makes sense. That’s why I mentioned the word ‘ bold’

Thanks in advance!

May 7, 2024 at 5:24 AM Post #4,912 of 4,914
Are the NDH more dynamic and bold than the HD600?
The problem I had with the HD600 is they weren’t dynamic and punchy enough.
They also had a smallish sound if that makes sense. That’s why I mentioned the word ‘ bold’

Thanks in advance!
Yes, the NDH 30 has better dynamics than the HD 600, but I have to tell you that 'dynamic and punchy' are not what the NDH 30 are about at all. The NDH 30 are about accuracy. Accuracy in terms of perceived frequency response, tonality (timbre), instrumental separation, dynamics, soundstage etc. To some, like me, who value accuracy, (I'm a pro musician (player) and I usually listen on pro monitors (ATC) ) they are the most exciting headphone to hit the market in years (that I'm aware of). To others they seem boring. If you're looking for a punchy and dynamic headphone then you may find yourself in the second category. :wink:

I will add though that the ace up the NDH 30's sleeve, is that they manage (for me at least, and I know that I'm not alone) to be musically engaging at the same time as being accurate. That's a rare achievement.

May 7, 2024 at 5:33 AM Post #4,913 of 4,914
Yes, the NDH 30 has better dynamics than the HD 600, but I have to tell you that 'dynamic and punchy' are not what the NDH 30 are about at all. The NDH 30 are about accuracy. Accuracy in terms of perceived frequency response, tonality (timbre), instrumental separation, dynamics, soundstage etc. To some, like me, who value accuracy, (I'm a pro musician (player) and I usually listen on pro monitors (ATC) ) they are the most exciting headphone to hit the market in years (that I'm aware of). To others they seem boring. If you're looking for a punchy and dynamic headphone then you may find yourself in the second category. :wink:

I will add though that the ace up the NDH 30's sleeve, is that they manage (for me at least, and I know that I'm not alone) to be musically engaging at the same time as being accurate. That's a rare achievement.

I was actually a musician. Amature though. Can’t play now because of a repetitive strain injury. Ugh

Anyway. I like accurate as well. Just that the HD600 to me was boring and not exciting. It didn’t convey dynamics like my DT 1990 beyers do. Of course the 1990 has that 8500hz ear killer peak which I EQ out.

But I did want to try a headphone which is more accurate than the 1990 but still retained its dynamics. Without me having to rely on my EQ skills. I can do that with my speakers which I can measure wuite accurately with quasi anechoic measurements. Headphones aren’t that easy.

Thanks man

May 7, 2024 at 5:45 AM Post #4,914 of 4,914
I was actually a musician. Amature though. Can’t play now because of a repetitive strain injury. Ugh

Anyway. I like accurate as well. Just that the HD600 to me was boring and not exciting. It didn’t convey dynamics like my DT 1990 beyers do. Of course the 1990 has that 8500hz ear killer peak which I EQ out.

But I did want to try a headphone which is more accurate than the 1990 but still retained its dynamics. Without me having to rely on my EQ skills. I can do that with my speakers which I can measure wuite accurately with quasi anechoic measurements. Headphones aren’t that easy.

Thanks man
You may find the NDH 30 does that for you, but I suspect that if you find the HD 600 boring and unexciting, especially in comparison to Beyers, then you will think the same of the NDH 30. You'll just have to give them a listen! :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back