Munich High End 2024 or does anybody has a bottle opener?
May 24, 2024 at 5:00 PM Post #31 of 35
As a German I will start with what I did not like. :wink:

First I had to wear all day long Darko around my wrist, I felt a bit offended about this. :wink:
IMG_6929.jpeg

This sounded horrible:
IMG_6925.jpeg

Last but not least, it was way to crowded, but I think to attract a lot of people is kind of the aim of such a show.

So now we have this out of the way to the things I liked.
Meeting known and new fellow headfier. :)

Especially for me this combo.
IMG_6938.jpeg
Viva Egoista 2A3 + Raal Immanis

Ok a bit dusty, but I came back three time to this combo, so it must have had something I liked.
I did not liked the Immanis particularly with the Feliks Envy, to lean for me, but here the bass was divine. Pink Floyd, Run like hell, life was very subwoofer like.

This is going to be a revolution:
IMG_6928.jpeg
Final Audio X8000

At the show unfortunately they could only be demoed with some improvised D8000 pads but still they sounded very very great and around 200g?, unbelievalbel!

What I also liked: Caldera closed, nice meaty but still very detailed sound and the Warwick Bravura. Really, really nice detailed, clean, deep, relaxed sound signature. I was very impressed.

Unfortunately I could not hear the Aperio as somehow „somebody“ started a party in the listening room from Warwick by organising some bottles of beer. As Americans they forgot that German beer bottles do not have screw caps and a bottle opener was needed. A nice Swedish guy offered his Swiss Army knife to help out and was awarded with a beer for this nice gesture and so the party started. Ok, it was nearly at the end of the show so it was understandable.
By the way if anybody meets Resolve and/or Goldensound tomorrow please give them a bottle opener as gift. :)

Further impressions welcomed. :)
thinking how much they might cost when released ? Following the recent pattern I guess around 8K$

May 30, 2024 at 12:02 PM Post #33 of 35
A nice Swedish guy offered his Swiss Army knife to help out and was awarded with a beer for this nice gesture and so the party started.
Hmm, it seems you Germans are not as creative as we from the Balkans are...

You don't need a bottle opener or Swiss knife; you need a lighter or anything hard, like a spoon, the edge of the table, etc.
I will not mention teeth..that's another story, I wouldn't dare to do that either. :ksc75smile:

Cheers!

May 30, 2024 at 2:23 PM Post #34 of 35
Maybe it is only me, as I am not a big fan of beer (but pssst, don‘t tell anybody, I live in Munich, they will kick me out of here :wink:).

May 30, 2024 at 3:19 PM Post #35 of 35
ALLN/C:
Then here I came. Well... AMAZED? The soon to be released HPA-300B with the Elite were just wonderful. For sure the amp was quite mid forward and aggressive (in the good way), and pushed the body and attack of the meze out of scale, making it really a wonderful headphone. The charybdis on the same amp was in fact too much slammy. I after tried to triangulate and charybdis on Envy worked better/ very good. Synergies, as we know. BTW, HPA-300B + Elite stays in my heart, with a little sadness when I was told the price of the amp (16k).
IMG20240511131337.jpg
Thanks for giving your impression on the new Allnic HPA-300B amp. I’m not a headphone guy anymore, but I always like Allnic product and thought this would be a nice pickup. $16K is a huge commitment though… the last headphone amp Allnic release was the HPA-10000 and is was price at $15K on release.

Btw, did you know if they were using the Allnic 300B tubes? I heard they made those for a while, but stop selling them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back