Meze Audio 109 Pro
May 4, 2024 at 12:40 PM Post #3,466 of 3,470
which EQ do you prefer if you use one? oratorys? or something else
Tried Oratory’s EQ and found that the headphones lose their spatial qualities with it, even though they do sound somewhat smoother. I slowly weaned myself off it and was only using a subbass shelf of around +4 dB for a long time. But now I just raw dog em - I’m used to the sound and enjoy them without EQ. Life’s easier this way :)

May 4, 2024 at 2:16 PM Post #3,467 of 3,470
Tried Oratory’s EQ and found that the headphones lose their spatial qualities with it, even though they do sound somewhat smoother. I slowly weaned myself off it and was only using a subbass shelf of around +4 dB for a long time. But now I just raw dog em - I’m used to the sound and enjoy them without EQ. Life’s easier this way :)
True that

Took some time to get used to them but now i love them. Had my love/hate relationship with them but it is much better now. The comfort alone makes them a keeper

May 5, 2024 at 6:35 PM Post #3,468 of 3,470
Hi Peter
Juust spotted what you use in your footer. I also have the Eligia and am considering the Meze 109 Pro as my "open back" option. How would you describe the differences between them in practice?
Thanks
J
Just tried one of my test tracks, Royals by Lorde. Both headphones sound very enjoyable.

My Elegia headband has broken, but it is not yet falling apart. I have to hold them tight to my ears to do a fair comparison...

With the Elegias I heard a bit more thump in the lower bass hits. With the 109s I heard a tight and articulate bass, and the finger snaps are a bit crisper.

The 109s are very comfortable and I ware them far more than the Elegias.

Be gentle with the Elegias to avoid making the same mistake I did (over stretching).

May 5, 2024 at 8:15 PM Post #3,470 of 3,470
I did enjoy my time on the Meze 109 Pros but Ive said it before and I'll say it again- if you really like the 109 Pros you will LOVE He1000 Stealths. Just so you guys know what to feign for next :L3000:

Users who are viewing this thread

• AnnR
Back