McChanson amps tube rolling thread
May 9, 2024 at 1:37 AM Post #241 of 246
These ones. Had it for a long time. The bottles last forever.

IMG_9273.jpg
This is what I use instead of deoxit:
IMG_2632.jpg

No fuss no muss - just a quick scraping with the thin blade on each tube pin until they are shiny.
Victorinox or Wenger - whatever I find first in my drawer.
This is based on a scientific paper from the 40's that I read a long time ago comparing different ways of cleaning tube pins. The conclusion was that metal to metal cleaning and contact worked the best. Unfortunately I lost the reference - maybe someone knows about it.

May 9, 2024 at 1:40 AM Post #242 of 246
IMG_2632.jpg
No fuss no muss - just a quick scraping with the thin blade on each tube pin until they are shiny.
This is based on a scientific paper from the 40's that I read a long time ago comparing different ways of cleaning tube pins. The conclusion was that metal to metal cleaning and contact worked the best. Unfortunately I lost the reference - maybe someone knows about it.

and it's a red and gold knives.

May 9, 2024 at 3:36 AM Post #244 of 246
G-807 Ulyanovsk in action. Pair cost just below US$20 including postage. Despite the cheap price, it sounds really good with 6S3P as drivers. As with the Philips 807 russian pair, these sound brighter and more neutral with the added benefit of absolute clarity, fast attack to musical notes without sounding sibilant and no fatigue.

Cheap and looking great. A winning recipe for sure.

IMG_9275.jpg

May 9, 2024 at 3:40 AM Post #245 of 246
IMG_2632.jpg

Different purpose Mordy. You use knife or sand paper if the pins are rusted or corroded. After you've done that then sealed with DeOxit.

For new tubes with clean pins, I just lightly coat with the gold deoxit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back