Mark Levinson № 5909 headphone
May 13, 2024 at 4:32 PM Post #976 of 979
I pulled out some of the cheap fake leather covering the foam side of the headband and placed glue on the pleather. Using a plastic hotel key card, I put the pleather back into the slot formed by a scarily cheap piece of plastic and the main headband structure. I then squeezed the headband for about 30 seconds to set everything in place. I used only a modest amount of glue because I feared the glue would run off onto a visible peace of pleather when I squeezed down.

This is only a stop gap solution. After about 6 months it came detached again, so I had to glue it a second time. Hopefully this time it holds for a bit longer.

Best of luck.
Thanks for this, these are exactly the instructions I was hoping for.

I'll try my hand at gluing the cheap, fakely stitched, flimsy, styrofoam-filled, DIY-requiring pleather-plastic headband back together on these £1k headphones. Will post some pics of the inevitable mess that follows.

May 13, 2024 at 6:19 PM Post #977 of 979
One added thought. Put the glue mostly on the edge of the pleather; the section that goes mostly into the slot. If you put too much on and it seeps to the middle of the pleather, it probably will fuse to the foam insert and make it hard.

May 13, 2024 at 11:42 PM Post #978 of 979
I pulled out some of the cheap fake leather covering the foam side of the headband and placed glue on the pleather. Using a plastic hotel key card, I put the pleather back into the slot formed by a scarily cheap piece of plastic and the main headband structure. I then squeezed the headband for about 30 seconds to set everything in place. I used only a modest amount of glue because I feared the glue would run off onto a visible peace of pleather when I squeezed down.

This is only a stop gap solution. After about 6 months it came detached again, so I had to glue it a second time. Hopefully this time it holds for a bit longer.

Best of luck.
Thanks, these are exactly the kind of instructions I was hoping for.

I'll try my hand at gluing the cheap, fakely stitched, flimsy, styrofoam-filled, DIY-requiring pleather-plastic headband back together on these £1k headphones. Will post some pics of the inevitable mess that follows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back