Laptop streaming vs dedicated streamer?
Sep 17, 2023 at 12:52 PM Post #16 of 23
You don't need to trash your DAC. Try to add network transport or DDC between notebook and DAC. It can eventually replace notebook as the source, but not necessarily. It may be beneficial. But you need to try it yourself.

Sep 21, 2023 at 3:22 PM Post #18 of 23
This only give evidence about efficiency of Denafrips DDC, see my comment on the first page.
:)

I didn't hear a case where streamer would render DI-20HE useless.

Oct 23, 2023 at 10:31 PM Post #19 of 23
I was running my Alo bridge into Denafrips Iris DDS into my Denafrips Pontus 12 Dac. I replaced the Alo with Denafrips Arse (Arse outputed I2s direct to Pontus) and it was an improvement. Then I reused the Allo and Iris into my Schiit Bitfrost 2/64 using AES big improvement from pi4 into Bitfrost USB. Was planning on upgrading Bifrost but now putting it off.

Nov 22, 2023 at 10:43 PM Post #20 of 23
I was running my Alo bridge into Denafrips Iris DDS into my Denafrips Pontus 12 Dac. I replaced the Alo with Denafrips Arse (Arse outputed I2s direct to Pontus) and it was an improvement. Then I reused the Allo and Iris into my Schiit Bitfrost 2/64 using AES big improvement from pi4 into Bitfrost USB. Was planning on upgrading Bifrost but now putting it off.
Denafrips has a product called Arse? As if the Ares, Ares 12th, Enyo naming convention wasn't confusing enough, now we gotta deal with Arse, Arse II, Arse 12th?

Nov 23, 2023 at 4:06 AM Post #21 of 23
Denafrips has a product called Arse? As if the Ares, Ares 12th, Enyo naming convention wasn't confusing enough, now we gotta deal with Arse, Arse II, Arse 12th?
Arce is a streamer. If you like Denafrips DDC's, you will like Arce too.

Nov 23, 2023 at 11:18 AM Post #22 of 23
To me the Arse streamer sounded better with its I2S into my Pontus dac. I will be upgrading to a Schiit Yggdrasil and using my Allo bridge, Since I have a Denafrips Iris dds I will compare using the Allo direct into the unisom and the DDS into the spdif port. I purchased the Yggdrasil because I can plug my Mjlonir3 I have on order into the balanced port and my preamp into the rca ports at the same time. I came to appreciate running the headphone amp direct into the dac when I ran my Ageis headphone amp into my Bifrost 2/64, to me if you can eliminate any additional circuitry you lower the possibility of coloration and noise .

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2024 at 3:15 PM Post #23 of 23
Why can't you have a "dedicated" laptop as a streamer?

My dedicated mp3 player, a Thinkpad X60 running FreeBSD at 306 days uptime.

my_toy_by_trihexagonal.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back