Kiwi Ears IEM Thread
Apr 25, 2024 at 8:32 PM Post #16 of 18
I have gone down the budget rabbit hole with IEMs (Zero, Zero 2, Wan'er, EW200, Cadenza) and the Cadenzas have my favorite sound signature I believe. I'm happy with them for now, but when I do decide to upgrade, what would be a general across the board improvement from those? I listen to mostly rock/metal, indie, and some pop.
7th Acoustic Supernova might be a candidate. You can also look at AuR Audio Aurora

Apr 26, 2024 at 4:09 AM Post #17 of 18
I have gone down the budget rabbit hole with IEMs (Zero, Zero 2, Wan'er, EW200, Cadenza) and the Cadenzas have my favorite sound signature I believe. I'm happy with them for now, but when I do decide to upgrade, what would be a general across the board improvement from those? I listen to mostly rock/metal, indie, and some pop.

Quintet or EA1000 comes to mind

Apr 26, 2024 at 12:29 PM Post #18 of 18

Provided you'd like to stick with the same bass profile with minor deviations in the ear gain compensation area (how close/in your face and head the vocals and upper mids are, or, in other words, when it's time to choose, how much you need the vocals to be the centerpiece of your music) accepted, then I'd suggest looking into:

Dunu Falcon Ultra
Xenns Up

If you'd like to have something with a cleaner but still powerful bass and you're fine with a bit more relaxed/distant vocals and upper mids, then depending on your tolerance of brightness and treble in general, these are worthy of consideration:

ZiiGaat Doscinco
Yanyin Canon II
Xenns Top
Monarch Mk III

I don't know how much you could spend in the future, but if you go for something between 200-400 (Falcon Ultra, Doscinco, Canon II), but then still would like to experience more, then as a general advice, I'd suggest you skip the Top or the Up (unless you need the exact tuning), and go for the Monarch Mk III, because it's better than those, and by then, not so far off in price... but financial responsibility is even better, so don't go into debt, it's not worth it.

Graphs normalized at 1 kHz.

1.png

2.png
3.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back