Introducing the CORINA Electrostatic Reference Headphone
Mar 5, 2024 at 6:41 AM Post #316 of 325
After listening to the new Raal I decided to sell my Corina and quit estats.

I would have had to invest into a quality estat amplifier still, since I used the mjölnir SRD-7 until now.
Price of a BHSE or T2 or similar would break even or surpass the investment into the Immanis and the latter can be used on my regulst amp which simplifies the setup.

Nonetheless the Corina is still the best estat on the market for my taste and if someone from the european Union wants to check it out, they might want to check the classifieds.

Mar 5, 2024 at 10:20 AM Post #317 of 325
After listening to the new Raal I decided to sell my Corina and quit estats.

I would have had to invest into a quality estat amplifier still, since I used the mjölnir SRD-7 until now.
Price of a BHSE or T2 or similar would break even or surpass the investment into the Immanis and the latter can be used on my regulst amp which simplifies the setup.

Nonetheless the Corina is still the best estat on the market for my taste and if someone from the european Union wants to check it out, they might want to check the classifieds.
What’s the new RAAL?

Mar 5, 2024 at 10:23 AM Post #318 of 325
Mar 8, 2024 at 9:47 AM Post #319 of 325
Now that my Envy is sold, I switched my setup to estats for now.

The Corina is damn impressive.
Dat Bass on an estat and Super non fatiguing treble.

Apr 26, 2024 at 9:10 PM Post #320 of 325
4 months on and these are absolutely my pry-from-my-dead-cold-hands set. I loved my SR-007s but had other sets that suited some genres better, they were overall my go to but I knew their limits - the DCAs just work across pretty much all of my tastes. So much clarity and life yet no loss in impact or depth.

May 11, 2024 at 4:13 PM Post #321 of 325
Anyone in here who has owned both the Corina and the X9000 and can say which is better in their opinion?

I've been itching to try the X9000 with my setup, but it is rather expensive. I would be listening out of a Blue Hawaii with a 717 as a backup so having a good enough amp isn't an issue.

May 11, 2024 at 4:17 PM Post #322 of 325
Anyone in here who has owned both the Corina and the X9000 and can say which is better in their opinion?

I've been itching to try the X9000 with my setup, but it is rather expensive. I would be listening out of a Blue Hawaii with a 717 as a backup so having a good enough amp isn't an issue.
Corina is darker with much more Bass.
X9000 sounds airier.

Both are equal but for a different taste. Personally I prefer the Corina

May 11, 2024 at 4:29 PM Post #323 of 325

For me, the sense of space, airiness and openness you hear with the x9000 is unlike anything else I own. It is very good with most classical music. You can hear the individual layers easily. The Corina is good, but to my ear presents in a more traditional way. It has solid bass and can be quite rich sounding. But the x9000 is unique -- to my ears. My comments apply only to classical music.

May 11, 2024 at 6:20 PM Post #324 of 325
Corina is darker with much more Bass.
X9000 sounds airier.

Both are equal but for a different taste. Personally I prefer the Corina

I already have two bassy estats, the CRBN and the 007 which makes me lean more toward getting the X9000.

May 11, 2024 at 6:25 PM Post #325 of 325

I agree with some of the thoughts above.
X9000 has QC concerns but is IMO slightly more impressive than Corina.
If it weren't for these concerns, I'd prefer the X9000.

Corina is a very pleasant listen, but still technically excellent.

Hard to go wrong, unless you get unlucky with channel imbalance with the X9000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back