iFi Audio GO Bar Kensei... The Ultimate GO Bar Has Arrived!
May 3, 2024 at 4:18 PM Post #288 of 299
Hi everyone,

since my IEMs have these specs, impedance 19 ohm and sensitivity 112 dB/mW, do you think there will be hissing without iematch? I would mostly use the 4.4mm Balanced output.

Does anyone know how many mA it draws when connected to a source (smartphone) ?

If the Kensei is fundamentally the same as the standard Go Bar in terms of basic amplification circuitry, and I believe it is, you will definitely hear hiss with those IEM, especially out of the 4.4mm jack.

May 3, 2024 at 7:39 PM Post #289 of 299
May 3, 2024 at 8:57 PM Post #291 of 299
Getting maximum value I see XD
I don’t know, and certainly others might “season to taste” each track, but this sound signature suits me pretty well, unless the IEM or headphone is already overly dark, in which case I might disable XBass+…

May 3, 2024 at 9:33 PM Post #292 of 299
I don’t know, and certainly others might “season to taste” each track, but this sound signature suits me pretty well, unless the IEM or headphone is already overly dark, in which case I might disable XBass+…
I usually only use the XBass myself and rarely the XSpace

May 3, 2024 at 9:47 PM Post #293 of 299
I usually only use the XBass myself and rarely the XSpace

XSpace is a version of cross feed.

It is a really dramatic improvement on some tracks and largely pointless on others.

Have a listen to the start of Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden switching XSpace on and off and its effect is really obvious. I imagine that song was put together on speakers and the first 15 seconds sounds awful on headphones.

May 4, 2024 at 2:37 AM Post #294 of 299
Great review! Matches my observations, except I would give the Kensei the edge over the RU7 if I had to pick only one. I find myself enabling XBass+, XSpace, and K2HD almost all the time which makes all the difference :)
Thanks. After a certain point, it is a matter of subtle, subjective preferences, especially when we talk about such excellent performers.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back