IEM's around $50
Apr 22, 2008 at 5:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

lineofeld

New Head-Fier
Like the title says, I'm looking for some cheap IEM's for some light joggin in the mornings

I have small ears and I have yet to find anything that will stay in my ear. Tried the MX-75 sports but they are a little too big and my ears start to hurt. Thanks for the help in advance.

Apr 23, 2008 at 6:41 AM Post #2 of 4
- Vmoda Bass Freq - loved them, but you have to be careful with them; 2 months and the cable started disconnecting from the ear-piece. Very bassy. I think I've seen these for like $25 somewhere (get a second for a replacement).
- I can't recommend JVC Marshmallow to someone with small ears. They will not sit still, and the bass and essentially the entire SQ is dependent on them staying deep in your ear just right. When they do stay in they do very well so they are nice for a sit down portable IEM.
- I plan on getting some Denon c551's though they are over your budget by a bit.

Apr 23, 2008 at 1:02 PM Post #3 of 4
Amazon is great, even if you use third party. Amazon will credit you back if things go awry and follow up with the third party vendor. I won't deal with the third parties directly though.

The CX300 are alright, but are quite boomy in the bass department. I would defintely look into the Denon's. The C551 are great. They are a little out of your price, but they are worth it ($68.73).

Denon AH-C551

If you need to stay under $50 then try the C351. It's like the CX300, but is better from what I have read ($40.36).

Denon AH-C351

Apr 23, 2008 at 6:08 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by DKaz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sure he is not biased at all since he is a Sennheiser rep. Amazon is great, even if you use third party. Amazon will credit you back if things go awry and follow up with the third party vendor. I won't deal with the third parties directly though.

He's probably biased in the sense that he wouldn't recommend headphones from some other company (duh), but I think he's in a better position to know where fakes have turned up.

Personally, for well under $50, I'd still get a JBL Reference 220, widely on clearance now for under $30. The sweet spot for cheapish canalphones seems to be $65-80, where you'll find the Denon C551, Head-Direct RE2, and AT CK7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back