IEM help
Apr 22, 2008 at 8:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Mellorelishman

New Head-Fier
I'm looking into getting some new IEMs. I'm getting a cowon D2 and will be listening to the player unamped. I'm debating on getting Shure se 310, Shure se 530, Westone UM2, or UE Super Fi pro. I listen to all different kinds of music. I like a little extra bass, but not pound in your face bass. I guess my biggest question is- Is it worth it to get anything else besides the shure se 310 if I will be listening to music unamped? Any other headphone suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

Apr 22, 2008 at 8:08 PM Post #2 of 5
the best in your list are the se530, they have great performance, the um2 may have too much mid bass hump and the super fi 5 might have too much bass. the se310 are good also but may lack bass.

consider the triple fi 10, from ultimate ears, they have great bass, but not as powerful as the shure se530, and a great price also

Apr 22, 2008 at 8:31 PM Post #3 of 5
Tough choices....I was thinking of the triple fi pros as well, just forgot to post them.....So se 530's VS triple fi pros, I've heard great things from both. Ahhhh I'm so indecisive! Thanks for the advice!

Apr 23, 2008 at 3:45 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mellorelishman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm looking into getting some new IEMs. I'm getting a cowon D2 and will be listening to the player unamped. I'm debating on getting Shure se 310, Shure se 530, Westone UM2, or UE Super Fi pro. I listen to all different kinds of music. I like a little extra bass, but not pound in your face bass. I guess my biggest question is- Is it worth it to get anything else besides the shure se 310 if I will be listening to music unamped? Any other headphone suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

I can't speak to the sound quality of all of the option listed but the Westone's have very good sound and are probably the most comfortable IEM to use that isn't a custom fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back