iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Apr 23, 2024 at 2:18 PM Post #14,581 of 14,593
Jamato8,
Thanks for the quick reply. I briefly looked at the 260 but figured how many daps does one need LOL. I know there are lots out there that have many, I am a one dap kinda guy. i guess for now i will stick with what works....thanks
Looking at all the specs, I don't see it being better (like @jamato8 said, only different). That is not to say that something newer and shinier might not sound better to your ears, but if you are happy with the sound from the DX300 (like I still am), then there isn't really anything better out there for you. :)

The point is that with the specs on this (and all the newer stuff) we are getting into territory where our ears cannot tell the difference. Colorization of the sound is really where it might be different.

Apr 23, 2024 at 4:18 PM Post #14,582 of 14,593
We are working on a new firmware release for the DX300.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 23, 2024 at 7:23 PM Post #14,585 of 14,593
WOW! Impressive.
If I had to guess -- and the only issue I'm having -- a firmware update may fix the occasional drop in power remaining for the digital amp (new since Android 11). Not a true drop, as power off - charge connect - power on restores accurate battery readings for a time. A minor annoyance, but worth fixing.
We are working on a new firmware release for the DX300.

fix

Apr 23, 2024 at 7:46 PM Post #14,586 of 14,593
If I had to guess -- and the only issue I'm having -- a firmware update may fix the occasional drop in power remaining for the digital amp (new since Android 11). Not a true drop, as power off - charge connect - power on restores accurate battery readings for a time. A minor annoyance, but worth fixing.

fix
That or could it be they have fixed the battery life since going to android 11???? I have still never updated my FW because I have never read on here that it was ever fixed. Some don't have the issue, but most have.

Either way, I am still impressed that they are still working on a device that has been long since discontinued.

Apr 23, 2024 at 8:11 PM Post #14,587 of 14,593
That or could it be they have fixed the battery life since going to android 11???? I have still never updated my FW because I have never read on here that it was ever fixed. Some don't have the issue, but most have.

Either way, I am still impressed that they are still working on a device that has been long since discontinued.
Right! I remember you weren't updating over this issue and, for a time, I considered a factory reset after updating to try and fix it. I chose not to, not wanting to deal with ridding myself of AKPure all over again and reinstalling Google Play and Neutron. Like you, I'm impressed, too. Um, so long as they are fixing this issue.

Apr 23, 2024 at 8:20 PM Post #14,588 of 14,593
I haven't had any battery issue. Sound more like a factory reset, even with the wiping of apps, is the fix.

Apr 23, 2024 at 10:05 PM Post #14,590 of 14,593
My battery drains very bad when connected to wifi.
Yes that is common. More energy is needed when using wifi. Even with my phone, if I know I am going to need the battery to last longer, I shut down the wifi (iPhone 13Pro).

Apr 24, 2024 at 1:24 AM Post #14,591 of 14,593

I am sorry. They looked at this but could not find any issue. I apologize for the misinformation.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 24, 2024 at 5:28 AM Post #14,592 of 14,593

Right! I remember you weren't updating over this issue and, for a time, I considered a factory reset after updating to try and fix it. I chose not to, not wanting to deal with ridding myself of AKPure all over again and reinstalling Google Play and Neutron. Like you, I'm impressed, too. Um, so long as they are fixing this issue.
I am sorry. They looked at this but could not find any issue. I apologize for the misinformation.
No misinformation Paul: you only said there was a firmware update upcoming for the DX300, yes? It was hope and speculation on our part that the issue some experience might be finally addressed. Since I have two DX300 that exhibit this occasionally false low digital battery, I offer to send one in for short term use and inspection so that you can replicate the issue. If not, I have nothing to lose by updating to the mysterious (pending?) firmware and, @samandhi, if it resolves the issue, I'll kindly let you know. :beerchug:

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2024 at 8:52 PM Post #14,593 of 14,593
Just what @JoelWilcox said. There was no misinformation on your part... But, thank you for your apology nonetheless. For me, there has only ever been one issue that was never fixed that would have been pretty cool to have; the BT DAC feature. I have just learned to use my Shanling M0 if I need to use BT DAC feature. :)
No misinformation Paul: you only said there was a firmware update upcoming for the DX300, yes? It was hope and speculation on our part that the issue some experience might be finally addressed. Since I have two DX300 that exhibit this occasionally false low digital battery, I offer to send one in for short term use and inspection so that you can replicate the issue. If not, I have nothing to lose by updating to the mysterious (pending?) firmware and, @samandhi, if it resolves the issue, I'll kindly let you know. :beerchug:
Awesome! Thank you very much. I look forward to (hopefully) hearing from you about this. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back