I need some sort of software that does the following...
Apr 10, 2023 at 10:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

BrokeAudiophileMan

100+ Head-Fier
I use Tidal and Spotify on my PC. Currently I'm just using the versions from the Windows store in Windows 11. I've got my Fiio K7 hooked up to my PC via optical SPDIF because I feel like it sounds cleaner than USB, which makes sense because I have a gaming PC with about 12 fans in it.

I'm looking for a software that will allow me to stream Tidal and Spotify through it while also allowing me to apply EQ and maybe have some sound quality improvements thrown in like I noticed back in the day playing FLAC and DSD files though JRiver as opposed to something like Foobar.

I have not explored the software front yet and I could use some tips. I'd prefer to keep it to a $100 one time purchase, preferably with a perpetual license, and I'd prefer to stay away from any kind of additional subscription.

Thanks

Apr 11, 2023 at 1:09 PM Post #3 of 5
Roon and Tidal.
Thanks for the tip I ended up signing up for Roon. Through Roon Wasapi my K7 sounds better somehow. More detail, cleaner, tighter bass. Thanks for a tip that improved my sound. Going to play with the EQ today.

Apr 11, 2023 at 1:25 PM Post #4 of 5
Thanks for the tip I ended up signing up for Roon. Through Roon Wasapi my K7 sounds better somehow. More detail, cleaner, tighter bass. Thanks for a tip that improved my sound. Going to play with the EQ today.
Roon is pretty good. I use it with Tidal, Qobuz, and my local music files.

Oct 14, 2023 at 11:44 PM Post #5 of 5
Use JRiver Windows driver functionality. Then grab an EQ VST like ReapEQ which is free. I run all my Tidal and youtube and other web stuff via this plugin which applies EQ prior to hitting the dac and speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back