I just got bit by a scammer.......
Mar 27, 2024 at 8:23 PM Post #76 of 79
Another scammer added to the hole @ZHIFENG

I made a WTB thread and I get a PM from this absolute fresh account regarding headphone pads and it looks like this person or bot is just copying and pasting full item names from the Internet in his PM posts.

Interesting thing about this account is that he/she has made the account profile unviewable for other Headfi users so we can't view their post or listing history.
How are they able to do that? That is a huge red flag, this type of account should not even be allowed to view the Classified Fields!

May 13, 2024 at 12:30 AM Post #77 of 79
Another scammer on Classified Fields, old inactive hacked account.

Do not buy from @gruvytune

He is clearly copying photos from old listings on the web for the sale of his V281 amp (as pointed out by someone)
He also photoshopped the paper in the photo that had the original seller name and timestamp date, it's so obvious.....

Here is the listing
https://www.head-fi.org/classifieds/violectric-v281.67862/#hfc-comment-94048

Remember that you can even get scammed if you use PayPal G&S, it's better to not deal with these people at all.

Last edited:
May 13, 2024 at 6:56 AM Post #78 of 79
Remember that you can even get scammed if you use PayPal G&S, it's better to not deal with these people at all.
That's true and the same as what I think...avoiding everything dodgy is the best way.
If you have reliable sellers, you can be sure of those on Head-Fi who they are.
Then it's 99.99% safe.

Cheers!

May 13, 2024 at 8:31 PM Post #79 of 79
Another scammer on Classified Fields, old inactive hacked account.

Do not buy from @gruvytune

He is clearly copying photos from old listings on the web for the sale of his V281 amp (as pointed out by someone)
He also photoshopped the paper in the photo that had the original seller name and timestamp date, it's so obvious.....

Here is the listing
https://www.head-fi.org/classifieds/violectric-v281.67862/#hfc-comment-94048

Nice job DAPpower! Helping to protect the Head-fi community. Thumbs up from me !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back