How was your experience buying/selling headphones and IEMs on Head-fi vs on Ebay?
Jan 4, 2023 at 2:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

trh322

New Head-Fier
I was selling my 6 months old IEMs, I am new member here so I wasn't allowed to list at Head-fi Classified yet. Instead I listed it on Ebay and it sold. It sold for $1400, I netted $1230 after Ebay fee deduction. I think I will use Head-fi Classified from now on to buy and sell, because of the fee that Ebay is charging is a little too much in my opinion, then I can lower the price for buyer as well.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2023 at 3:03 PM Post #2 of 4
We have it so good here. And yes, stuff is generally cheaper vs. eBay.

Jan 5, 2023 at 12:18 AM Post #3 of 4
If you go with eBay, make sure it runs for a week and ends in Sunday between 4pm and 8pm. Bids go the highest as all the liquidators end then so they can ship on Monday. I don't even buy on Sunday since prices go too high. I've been selling there for 23 years and switched from computers to audio gear when Bitcoin mining drove video cards through the roof.

Jan 6, 2023 at 12:02 AM Post #4 of 4
I've had over a hundred transactions here, as well as ebay. I MUCH prefer here. Sometimes, things don't go as expected. Over here, I've had an iem arrive at a buyer's with a channel malfunction, and both here and ebay i've had a buyer feel that their purchase wasn't up to their expectations.

The difference is that here is that everyone i've bought or sold from has been great about resolving any issues and everything has worked out to everyone's satisfaction. Over on ebay i've had a couple real jokers. A guy wanted a full refund (and keeping the headphones) because the dt990s didn't fit his head. He felt they were too big. I'm not kidding. You get that kind of weird chaff over at ebay, and have to deal with ebay's mediation and decisions, as well as having to foot the bill for shipping for any refund.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back