HISENIOR AUDIO Discussion Thread
May 7, 2024 at 12:47 PM Post #121 of 126
I placed my order on 21 Apr, still waiting no thanks to DMS' video. Spoke with Gareth and apparently there's a huge backlog. They take special care in matching both the LR pieces, so I'm trying my best to be patient and wait for mine to drop. Not like I have any lack of IEMs and earbuds to play around with recently.

Would be interesting to see how they compare with my Mest 2 CIEMs even though it might not be too fair a comparison, and also against the IER-Z1R which are my current favourites although I wish they fit better in my ears~
Ordered April 26th, Los Angeles. So, 10 days to my door which is excellent.

May 7, 2024 at 3:40 PM Post #122 of 126
In my review for Mega5EST, I've mentioned Divinus Velvet Tips paired the best for me. More opened up.

May 8, 2024 at 10:41 AM Post #123 of 126
In my review for Mega5EST, I've mentioned Divinus Velvet Tips paired the best for me. More opened up.
I tried those but found the stock short blue tips bring out the best of this IEM. Perfect balance from bass to treble. This IEM doesn't work well with long stem tips.

Meanwhile, after 24hrs burn in, Mega5EST went from excellent to Godlike using the included short blue tips. Stage height and width is something I've never heard in any IEM. The Bass is deep and will rumble depending on song. If there's no bass in the song, you will not hear it. that's also impressive.

The presentation is like you have no IEM in your ears. Don't know how to explain it. DSD and Hi-Res music sound like you're attending a live session.
I'm also hearing some extra details in songs I'm familiar with, but I've never heard these details in my other IEMs.

I am beyond impressed. This IEM is very source dependent but scales very well as you add power. Use short tips for best sound.

I can't believe this is only $549...Sounds like a properly setup $20,000 sound system.

Last edited:
May 8, 2024 at 1:11 PM Post #124 of 126
With shorter tips, do you also get a deeper fit? Are they more tip dependent or depth? The Azla Sedna Max's are a pretty shallow fit, even the xlastic ones can get a deep fit with a more shallow + big bore tip.

May 8, 2024 at 2:47 PM Post #125 of 126
All right I pulled the trigger. I went for broke and requested a custom shell Mega5EST. It will be like 2 months until I get them.

Adding into the tips conversation, I got out of the ear tip game by getting custom made ear tips:

1715194241218.jpeg

These are 3D printed of a hard medical-grade acrylic. These are all day comfort, perfect fit and isolation every time and give the best presentation of the IEM they are connected to, since all fit variables are taken care of. And not that more expensive compared to getting boxes upon boxes of disposable; and quite frankly, overpriced foam/silicone ear tips.

My initial plan was to use my custom ear tips on the Mega5EST, but since full custom was an option for "only" 50 USD more, and I already had the 3D scan of my ear impressions, full custom only made more sense.

You will be sorely disappointed at how thoroughly boring the design choices I made to customize it. I will obviously post pictures after the very long wait.

Last edited:
May 8, 2024 at 8:15 PM Post #126 of 126
With shorter tips, do you also get a deeper fit? Are they more tip dependent or depth? The Azla Sedna Max's are a pretty shallow fit, even the xlastic ones can get a deep fit with a more shallow + big bore tip.
Yes, the deeper fit is exactly where this sounds perfectly balanced from bass to treble with stock short blue tips. A longer stem increases the bass too much for me. I guess depth 1st, tip type 2nd. These IEMs balance air so well so it's part of its magic. Fit is amazing as well. Smaller and lighter than your average IEM shell. This gets you into the music a lot more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back