Headphones to compliment Abyss 1266
May 10, 2024 at 1:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

passballtotucker

New Head-Fier
What do you guys think a good headphone to pair with Abyss 1266 would be? I was thinking a closed back dynamic like the Atrium closed would be good. I’m curious to hear what your suggestions are. I’d like to just have two headphones that cover the most use cases.

May 10, 2024 at 2:34 PM Post #2 of 6
Meze Liric? Closed back, but a planar. Definitely a more “fun”-oriented headphone than 1266, plus they isolate pretty well. Built like a tank as well.

May 10, 2024 at 4:43 PM Post #3 of 6
The ones I'd pick are the Dan Clark Stealth or maybe the Heddphone version 2. I had the original one and they seem to have fixed the shortcomings like lighter weight. I didn't like the Audivina closed back, the Arya Stealth will always be my favorite Hifiman.

May 11, 2024 at 9:31 AM Post #4 of 6
What do you guys think a good headphone to pair with Abyss 1266 would be? I was thinking a closed back dynamic like the Atrium closed would be good. I’m curious to hear what your suggestions are. I’d like to just have two headphones that cover the most use cases.
My solution was quite simple. I chose DCA Stealth.
Stealth performs excellently with Niimbus.

May 11, 2024 at 11:05 AM Post #5 of 6
Something opposite of Abyss would be complimentary … so basically anything cheap and good.
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/abyss-diana-v2-review-headphone.19291/
There are so many good headphones that can be had for less than a pair of Abyssmal replacement pads, why settle?

May 11, 2024 at 5:08 PM Post #6 of 6
I fear the contrast between the two would be too large to adapt to when switching between them. Something higher-end would be best, IMO. Something that would contrast nicely with 1266 while not being too far off in technicals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back