Have you heard the new Linear Tube Audio Z10e amplifier?
Apr 25, 2024 at 2:55 PM Post #121 of 122
So, I managed to find and buy a used Z10e just now. It was boughr from a very well respected member on this forum.
It was bough 2019 buy rhe seller and the serial number is "7". There are no subwoofer outlets, What I like to know is the status of the LPS shipped with the Z10e. The LPS serial number is also "7". It does not look the same as the LPS+ unit pictured from the LTA homepage. On the bottom it is written " LPS for mivroZotl2, Output 12VDC 2,3A.
The LPS+ unit is quoted at 12VDC 3A. The DC cable only has 4 pins, the LPS+ seems to have 5 pins. What are the differeces between my unit and the newe(?) LPS+? Should I upgrade to/buy the newer LPS+?
All very good questions that I'd ask LTA support.

May 6, 2024 at 6:25 PM Post #122 of 122
Thanks for your response, figured out the sub outs. I decided to jump on the Z10e bandwagon by picking up a used unit and wowee what a great product. I was using it with a Stax SR-009 until it developed the dreaded driver imbalance. I was comparing it to my older SRM-007t energizer and there is no contest. I mostly look for great soundstaging and imaging vs a specific tonality and the Z10e just makes the music seem more present. Bass is deep and clean, mids are slightly forward and dead center, the treble is very shimmery and textured listening to Brian Blade on "Trilogy 2". I am planning on picking up another pair of earspeakers, anyone have any insights on recent model pairings (other than Stax). I love the Stax sound but customer support is not so good so thinking of a U.S. model like Audeze CRBN or Dan Clark Corina. Alternately, anyone have reliability updates on the Stax X9000? On another note, tried the speaker outs with my Kef R3 speakers and it sounds awesome with similar soundscape as my headphones and definitely enough volume for my listening room.
I have been using the Z10e exclusively with headphones but recently got a pair of Omega V8 HO monitors based on LTA and Omega recommendations for pairing with the Z10e. I have them set up close to the floor with wedges like a Klipsch Heresy or JBL L100 and boy what a great pairing and much better than the Kef R3. Both companies offer great customer support and have been a pleasure to deal with before and after the purchases. The Omega/Z10e cast a very wide and deep soundstage and is very holographic with a solid center image on vocals cast above the speakers which I find intoxicating. I also feel no need for a subwoofer and have actually plugged the ports since all of LTAs amps have a very powerful and well defined bass. I am somewhat of a audio collector and I have a couple of systems which feature different technologies and sound profiles and this one is definitely the chill system and the best eye candy. This is my favorite do-it-all system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back