Great headphone rack
Jun 29, 2001 at 8:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

MacDEF

Headphone Hussy (will wear anything if it sounds good)
If you're looking for a nice place to put your headphone gear, the Sound Organization seems to be an excellent rack:

http://www.audioadvisor.com/images/p...isation540.gif

The retail on them is US$290, but Audio Advisor has one demo left (I bought the other
wink.gif
) for $145 and free shipping:

http://www.audioadvisor.com/store/pr...k+-+Demo&qty=1

Jun 29, 2001 at 11:37 PM Post #3 of 13
MacDEF, if you are able to do so, please post a picture of your setup once you have it lovingly arranged on that cool-looking rack. That thing looks heavy-duty and mighty impressive.

Jun 30, 2001 at 6:35 AM Post #4 of 13
I sure will, but it might take a while
wink.gif
I got that in anticipation of the rest of my headphone rig
wink.gif
I'm not sure when I'll be filling it in completely...

raymondlin, I actually have an NAD CD player that will sit on the top shelf
wink.gif
But if anyone has an X-RAY they'd like to sell...

Jul 8, 2001 at 5:10 PM Post #5 of 13
Hey that looks hot. Perfect lil stand for a headphone setup. Only will your CDP fit nicely on top? I hope the corners dont stick out all funny.

Jul 8, 2001 at 10:00 PM Post #6 of 13
that does look sweet, expecially if you had a nice headphone stand to display your headphones right on top...

Jul 9, 2001 at 7:36 AM Post #7 of 13
Neruda, the problem is that until someone gives me an X-RAY
wink.gif
I have to put my CDP on top. I was thinking of building some hooks on the sides to hang my headphones -- since the shelves are adjustable, that means there must be extra bolt holes in the supports. I should be able to find some wrap-around hooks to attach to some of the extra support holes.

It's supposed to be delivered early this week
wink.gif

Jul 12, 2001 at 6:00 AM Post #8 of 13
Neruda, I'm still waiting on my upgrades, but my latest "rack mod" (hey, everything else here gets mod'ed, why not racks?
wink.gif
) is headphone holders!

I got some L-brackets and attached two to each side of the rack (via the interior shelf support holes, pre-drilled for adjustable shelves) so that they stick directly out the sides. I then got some 3/4" pipe couplers (the type that have bolts to hold the pipes together) and attached those to the L-brackets. The net effect is that I have four 2" knobs (about 1" in diameter) sticking out the sides of the rack, two to a side. I can now hang four full-size sets of cans on the rack, and the cords slide neatly under the bottom, out of sight.

This is becoming the ultimate headphone rack
wink.gif
Top shelf for CDP, 2nd for headphone amp, third for other misc equipment, bottom shelf holds my 30 favourite headphone CDs. I have a small office off the living room, and once I get my new CDP and Max, I'm going to seal myself in for a week LOL

Jul 12, 2001 at 6:37 AM Post #9 of 13
I sort of want one of these for my headphones:
Hps1.jpg

HPS-ZACK.jpg

Pretty nice, huh? Of course, first I need some good headphones
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 12, 2001 at 9:24 AM Post #11 of 13
I thought about a stand or rack, Neruda, but I realized that I already have three pair of full-sized headphones, and I'm sure I'll be getting more
wink.gif
I would need a row of them LOL

You can order those through Stax, though, right?

Jul 12, 2001 at 10:06 PM Post #13 of 13
no idea where you order that or how much it costs, but it sure is nice, huh? Maybe you can order through the Stax site, I don't know. If only Headroom stocked them...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back