Grado Service Question
Aug 6, 2001 at 7:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

sos

New Head-Fier
How prompt is Grado's service? I'm considering sending my new (one week old) SR-325's back for repair/replacement because the stitching on the leather headband came frayed and has started to unravel.
[Please see the attachment. Am I being too picky? I asked a couple shoe-repair places around town if they could help and they acted like they couldn't be bothered with it. As a temporary fix I've used electrical tape to secure the frayed area.]
One complication is that I'm leaving town (from the Boston area) in 9 days so I'm wondering if I should wait awhile rather than having the headphones sent to an uncertain address. I've already contacted them by e-mail, making sure the warranty covers repair of this defect, and they gave me a fairly quick response, saying that their "one year warranty covers just about everything except abuse." I suppose this means I could wait at least a few months to send them in. In fact I think I'd rather hand-stitch the headband then have to be without these lovely headphones for a week, at least at this point.

Still, I'm curious about what kind of experiences others have had with Grado service. Let me know.

Aug 6, 2001 at 2:14 PM Post #3 of 5
No, you're not being picky. They're expensive headphones and you shouldn't have to put tape on them to keep them up and running
smily_headphones1.gif

Although I've never dealt with Grado personally, somebody the other day made the comment that Grado service was "the best."

Good luck!

Aug 8, 2001 at 11:31 PM Post #5 of 5
I had an issue with my RS-1s where the plastic cap was missing from the metal rod. I left them a message and John Grado himself called me up
biggrin.gif
I had the option of returning them or having Grado send me the part. I chose the latter. Had the part within a couple of days.

No complaints here.

- pearle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back