Forcione & Sciubba - Meet Me In London
Apr 14, 2024 at 3:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Ioanast

New Head-Fier
Hello to everyone there!
I am sure, many of you have listened this extraordinary production
of guitarist Antonio Forcione along with the singer Sabbina Sciubba
in this MEET ME IN LONDON album from 1998.
For those who have not,
I would like to share it with you and highly recommend to you to find it and listen.

meet-me-in-london.jpg

If you like mesmerizing guitar finger tips and ethereal female voices, you will have goosebumps on your head!
Really an amazing experience!!! Enjoy!!! 👍

Apr 14, 2024 at 4:34 PM Post #2 of 4
And the best of all comes in here:
Recently I was searching in HIGHRESAUDIO for some audiophile recordings.
And out of the blue, I discover the "Meet Me In London" in 192khz sampling rate.
At first, I thought this would be something like an upsampling transformation of the original, as it is usually done lately.
But I searched for it further, and it seems this 192khz edition, is an original re-recording re-mixing production, a recording by NAIM RECORDS to give this excellent album even more audiophile potential. This happened some years after the first release of the album in 1998, somewhere between 2011-2012.
So I purchased it. And listened to it, back to back with the first release, which is 16bits - 44,1kHz rate.
WoW!!! really wow!!!
This experience was a revelation to me, because it is the first time I listen something I thought it reaches its top performance, but now it is even better, dare to say A LOT better.
In the first release, everything is crystal clear but I would say the mix is concentrated more in the centre combining the guitars and the voice in a beautiful circle. In the 192khz edition, everything opens up, you hear the guitarist at his chair on the right and the voice all the way on the mic to the left (example from the No2 track: TAKE FIVE).
Everything sounds at its place, in a wide soundstage, resembling a true studio atmosphere.
All the songs have something unique, and the magic of Forcione's guitar along with the ethereal voice of Sabina Sciubba makes something you don't want to end, and listen again and again!!
Simply amazing!!!
I recommend to everyone here, who happens not to have listened this so far, to find these recordings and listen the differences. True audiophile experience!!!

Meet me in London 192khz - Naim.jpg

Apr 14, 2024 at 4:39 PM Post #3 of 4
If anybody here, ever had a kind of same experience from other audiophile (or not) recordings,
I would be very happy if you could share this with us all, not necessarily in this thread - anywhere in Music.
Cheers mates!!!

Apr 27, 2024 at 6:17 PM Post #4 of 4
Another magical collaboration of Antonio Forcione with a female singer, this time with Sarah Jane Morris.
She is an incredible world renowned vocalist, with a "compelling, unique and haunting voice".

Compared To What album (from 2016) is the result of this fruitful and varied songwriting collaboration.
It covers a number of traumatic social issues and many songs of emotional intensity,
which reflect the urgent concern both artists feel for the tragedy of refugees.

Enjoy some really good music!!!

compared-to-what-cd-cover.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back