Flagship 10 Knowles BA FA19 Is Officially Released
May 6, 2024 at 10:10 AM Post #31 of 39
Here's a review of the Fiio FA19: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/fiio-fa19.27212/reviews#review-33796

This is a 10 Knowles BA set, which has a vented sub-woofer, so it sounds close to a DD bass instead of the traditional BA bass that lacks movement of air and decay.

FA19 8.jpg

Pros:
Bountiful accessories
Modular cable for both single-ended and balanced sources
Solid build
Ergonomic and light; no pressure sensation in the ears due to vented housing
Easy to drive, amplification not needed
Tuning switches for versatility - warm neutral in stock tuning, with option for bass boost
Excellent technicalities - soundstage and imaging are a highlight
Bass sounds like a DD bass due to vented sub-woofer concept; fast, clean and textured basslines
Transparent midrange that is free of shout
Smooth yet resolving treble, without steroid boosted high frequencies

Cons:
MMCX
Average isolation for an all BA set
Low impedance - source pairing potentially tricky with high output impedance sources

FA19 1.jpg

Fiio FA19 Final.jpg

8 kHz is a coupler artefact peak on the IEC711 coupler.

May 7, 2024 at 7:10 AM Post #34 of 39
May 8, 2024 at 3:33 AM Post #36 of 39
I hate foam eartips. :sweat_smile:
But thanks for trying to help. :beerchug:
In that case, i would stay away from these^^ i think the best thing you can do is to go custom.

This doesn't eliminate the issue, but lowers it by quite an amount but with most customs, you have the option to vent them. At least the companies i know provide that feature.

Or 64 Audio with their APEX Module. they have slightly lower isolation, but at least no air pressure issues.

May 8, 2024 at 4:09 PM Post #38 of 39
Haven’t had a chance to listen yet but…

IMG_3611.jpeg

May 8, 2024 at 6:00 PM Post #39 of 39
Only a short listen so far and loving these - I’m highly susceptible to pressure build and absolutely no issues here thankfully. The refined tuning is highly engaging and also incredibly technically competent - I love the sense of imaging and layering, wonderfully precise, pristine and yet cohesive within a vast stage.

IMG_3623.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back