Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
May 8, 2024 at 12:11 PM Post #6,241 of 6,254
I had the same issue with treble out of the box and recommend tip rolling to start and lots of playtime.

Rolled through my eartip collection and settled with Azla SednaEarFit Origins, previously Azla SednaEarFit light shorts, which tamed the highs and lifted the mids for a slightly fuller sound. Other aftermarket tips may work best for your hearing.

After 80+ hours of playtime, my E12 have settled in and less tizzy than out of the box.

Also of note, I'm using a warmer colored source.
How would you compare the sound of the Origins with the Light Shorts?

May 8, 2024 at 12:42 PM Post #6,242 of 6,254
How would you compare the sound of the Origins with the Light Shorts?
Much softer and more elasticity, it’s sort of a mix between vivids and light (long) with a little stickiness from cryastal (but less stiff). The cone also seems to rotate quite well without deforming (sort of like a spinfit). I really like them, equal to vivids

May 16, 2024 at 12:02 AM Post #6,246 of 6,254
Has anyone tried many ear tips for xenon6 ? if so, exactly which types and which types suited him best, and why? is spinfit w1 good on it?
For me cable rolling had more of an impact then tips. I tried a number of cables including Aeneid, Chiron, OTL, Martini, 1950s and 1950s shielding. I ended up with code 23 which provided the best treble presentation for my preference.

For tips I rolled SednaEarfit Xelastec and Azla DednaEarfit max. I referred to max as it provided the better seal of the two. Others here have liked Coreir, Spinfit W1 and ddHidfi ST35 Silicone Eartips.

May 16, 2024 at 12:34 AM Post #6,247 of 6,254
To the guy who saw me listening to my Fir Audio RN6 near bag pickup at HNL airport back in January…wassup bud!, never thought that would happen before!

May 16, 2024 at 2:45 AM Post #6,248 of 6,254
For me cable rolling had more of an impact then tips. I tried a number of cables including Aeneid, Chiron, OTL, Martini, 1950s and 1950s shielding. I ended up with code 23 which provided the best treble presentation for my preference.

For tips I rolled SednaEarfit Xelastec and Azla DednaEarfit max. I referred to max as it provided the better seal of the two. Others here have liked Coreir, Spinfit W1 and ddHidfi ST35 Silicone Eartips.
How did the Corier fit? I feel like the stand-off could be too much to prevent the kinetic bass from reaching full potential.

May 16, 2024 at 10:56 AM Post #6,250 of 6,254

The best I have found for my XE6 is SpinFit CP100 Plus. The 240 is also very good but not quite as comfortable.

May 17, 2024 at 6:19 AM Post #6,253 of 6,254
In my case the seal is great with the Azla crystal.

May 17, 2024 at 8:09 AM Post #6,254 of 6,254
which module do you use the xenon 6 with? how big is the difference between them? does it only affect the sub bass? what material is the factory cable made of exactly? can it be bought separately? if so, what is its exact name? is there an audible difference compared to custom cables, or is your factory cable already high-end? I somehow find it hard to imagine that they create an IEM with such amazing sound quality as the xenon 6 and degrade its performance with a bad factory cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back