FiiO M23, AK4191EQ+AK4499EX, THX AAA-78+, Dual Type-C Ports, Dual-Core Fast Charging, 1000mW+1000mW @32Ω
May 5, 2024 at 5:38 PM Post #271 of 278
I do have USB Audio Player Pro and it has the best UI from what I have seen with android music players but Neutron Player has 64 bit processing, oversampling and other settings that will just give you a better sound quality in the end compared to USB Audio Player. Far better soundstage, layering, dynamics and analog presentation with a properly configuired Neutron player.
where can i get the Neutron Player with rooted settings ?

May 5, 2024 at 6:03 PM Post #272 of 278
These are the Neutron settings I use on the DX320 as recommended by whitigir from a DX320 optimizing thread
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dx320-optimizing-discussions.963737/

The steps were listed out when an slightly older version of Neutron was around but it should still be similar for the current version of Neutron.

"AndroidOS: The best way to listen to your AndroidOS is actually by Neutron optimized settings.

1/ download Google Play store from APK pure . Log in, download Neutron. You may have to keep connecting to WiFi for about 15 minutes and playing music, so neutron can upload it registered key to unlock itself

*Notice*. For now, Neutron will not work until you tick up 64 bit processor. This will be your primary steps

2/ Scanning your music, wait for it to be done

3/ primary steps

Setting > playback > 64-bit Processing . Then tap out and swipe up to close the app completely

4/ Serting > playback > Resampling > Audiophile

5/ setting > connection and controls > stop it output detached > click on play if output attached setting > turn all of them off

6/ Audio Hardware > pull all latency down to 8/2, the lowest you can, whatever !

Upmix On
Dither Off
Ultrasonic filter Off
Hardware gain Off
Audio Focus On
Direct USB access On
DSD over PCM On
OverSampling On —-> 16X !
Follow Source frequency On"

May 5, 2024 at 6:05 PM Post #273 of 278
Rooting process (using QFIL program) should also be very similar to the DX320 since both the DX320 and M23 use the Snapdraggon 660 processor but you will need the fire-hose and image file from FiiO specific for the M23.

May 5, 2024 at 6:26 PM Post #274 of 278
These are the Neutron settings I use on the DX320 as recommended by whitigir from a DX320 optimizing thread
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dx320-optimizing-discussions.963737/

The steps were listed out when an slightly older version of Neutron was around but it should still be similar for the current version of Neutron.

"AndroidOS: The best way to listen to your AndroidOS is actually by Neutron optimized settings.

1/ download Google Play store from APK pure . Log in, download Neutron. You may have to keep connecting to WiFi for about 15 minutes and playing music, so neutron can upload it registered key to unlock itself

*Notice*. For now, Neutron will not work until you tick up 64 bit processor. This will be your primary steps

2/ Scanning your music, wait for it to be done

3/ primary steps

Setting > playback > 64-bit Processing . Then tap out and swipe up to close the app completely

4/ Serting > playback > Resampling > Audiophile

5/ setting > connection and controls > stop it output detached > click on play if output attached setting > turn all of them off

6/ Audio Hardware > pull all latency down to 8/2, the lowest you can, whatever !

Upmix On
Dither Off
Ultrasonic filter Off
Hardware gain Off
Audio Focus On
Direct USB access On
DSD over PCM On
OverSampling On —-> 16X !
Follow Source frequency On"
I found a Neutron Player on my Android phone and applied this settings. Do you think it sounds better than the UAPP now ?

May 5, 2024 at 6:29 PM Post #275 of 278
Rooting process (using QFIL program) should also be very similar to the DX320 since both the DX320 and M23 use the Snapdraggon 660 processor but you will need the fire-hose and image file from FiiO specific for the M23.
I don't received my m23 yet, but why must root it if the Neutron works on my phone with this settings ?

May 5, 2024 at 7:16 PM Post #276 of 278
I don't received my m23 yet, but why must root it if the Neutron works on my phone with this settings ?
Well with root you can control the CPU cores and assign other cores like GPU ect. This technically means you can boost performance for audio on android mode while having more battery life while on android mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back