FIIO K19, the flagship desktop DAC and headphone amplifier
May 7, 2024 at 4:39 AM Post #16 of 20
Got the chance to listen to the K19 today. Its nice but I dont think it will replace my K9 pro AKM. What I really like about it is that sudo tube esque smoothness and laid back sound but at the expense of precision slam and texture is a deal breaker for me. it's a pitty since its much thinner as well which means I can fit more stuff on my desk.
Was it run in because if not it will sound atrocious according to an early review.

May 7, 2024 at 6:44 AM Post #17 of 20
Was it run in because if not it will sound atrocious according to an early review.
It was run it canjam sg+ a week. Also it's not that it's bad but the signature is smooth and relaxing and ment for longer listening sessions. It's kind of the opposite colouration I want being fast, precise and bringing out micro texture.

That being said I haven't tried playing around with the eq presets yet so maybe that can bring out what I want.

Also I choose fast hybrid as it had the most similar response to my ear to AKM low dispersion filter

All in all I liked it but personal preference wise I wouldnt buy it but can rec it for people that want a slightly warm mostly neutral listen that has inharent tube musicality as part of the colouration.

May 8, 2024 at 6:20 AM Post #18 of 20
It was run it canjam sg+ a week. Also it's not that it's bad but the signature is smooth and relaxing and ment for longer listening sessions. It's kind of the opposite colouration I want being fast, precise and bringing out micro texture.

That being said I haven't tried playing around with the eq presets yet so maybe that can bring out what I want.

Also I choose fast hybrid as it had the most similar response to my ear to AKM low dispersion filter

All in all I liked it but personal preference wise I wouldnt buy it but can rec it for people that want a slightly warm mostly neutral listen that has inharent tube musicality as part of the colouration.
Watch these two reviews unless already done so.

May 8, 2024 at 11:55 PM Post #19 of 20
The FiiO R9 and K19 have now officially passed HDMI certification.
The R9 and K19 support HDMI audio decoding, HDMI OUT, and HDMI ARC functions. To utilize HDMI's patented technology and logo, products must obtain authorization from the HDMI Association and undergo compliant design until passing rigorous testing to achieve HDMI certification. At the inception of the R9 and K19 projects, we applied for membership in the HDMI Association, paid annual dues to become official members, and promptly sent mass production versions of the products to the HDMI Association's authorized testing center, ATC, for testing. Upon passing the tests, the testing organization forwards the results to the HDMI Association headquarters in the United States for review.
In addition to membership fees, each product sent for testing needs to pay testing fees and royalties (i.e., copyright fees). After more than six months of testing on various complex projects, the R9 and K19 have finally obtained HDMI certification, indicating the arduousness of this certification process.
It is worth noting that HDMI certification is not mandatory, but FiiO has consistently adhered to a user-oriented and responsible attitude, ensuring product compliance and broad compatibility, allowing users to better experience the enjoyment brought by HDMI functionality. To this end, we have overcome numerous difficulties and applied for HDMI certification for the R9, K19, and some subsequent new products (currently confidential). Hereby we would like to express special thanks to our team members for their efforts and perseverance.
Note: The HDMI-certified versions of the R9 and K19 are HDMI 1.4b; the certified machines are mass production versions, consistent with the ones currently in use by everyone.

img_v3_00an_74f9f770-280a-45a5-bab2-0e7891dfffdg.jpg

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
May 9, 2024 at 1:39 AM Post #20 of 20
This one or the Topping DX9?? Same price
That's an excellent question. One has the discrete amp and less power while the other has THX (clinical sound potentially) and heaps of power plus what looks like an excellent DSP ability.
I am also looking at the K19 or the Aune S9c Pro BT.
I have the K19 and DX9 here to test and compare. I really don't want to write anything more detailed, but I can only say that the K19 is clearly the better device for me.

Basically, the K19 is technically better (resolution of bass/mids/trebles, microdynamics, instrument separations etc.). The DX9 is smoother, a little warmer, has bigger notes and sounds somehow soulless since dynamics are comparatively lacking. In contrast, the K19 is more energetic, more precise, more neutral-analytical, but by no means "too" neutral-analytical. It's not dry; on the contrary, the dynamics are impressive. Nor is it harsh, sibilant or anything similar. A truly remarkable device. The DX9 has only two gain options: low and high. The K19 has five options.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back