Eversolo DMP-A8 Streamer, DAP, DAC and Preamp
May 9, 2024 at 5:12 PM Post #151 of 163
The main Reason I normally don' get involved in these type of discussions , extremely opinionated point of view from what I read. The Eversolo A8 is a
And actually spent some time with is a Darn nice pice of kit for what it's worth in terms of ownership, A very good friend of mine finally decided to crack open the box and see what this unit was all about , just my own personal opinion I believe it's a wonderful piece of equipment for all that it does and for all that it cost at the present time I was very surprised if not take him back quite a few steps for someone that's just starting out in this hobby or is just looking to expand their audio hobby I've came to the strong conclusion it's real hard to beat for the money and it's a very intriguing unit nice, now I also have to keep in mind that I have had or owned the following ,Lumin ,Aurender, Grimm,, Bluesound Node,and last Innuos. Again just my humble opinion I think the eversolo A8 is a steal for that kind of money, Does it sound better than my Innuos ? Absolutely not does the Innuos blow away the A8 absolutely not , would I buy the Innuos again ? I can honestly say I really don't know first of all the Innuos is approximately $4,000 more , is it's overall sound quality does it better the A8 I would say so but then again I'd have an extra $4,000 in my pocket just my personal opinion how do you put value on things I would rather have the A8 and keep the extra $4,000 cost, I see a lot of people talking about the hifi Rose, very nice units from what I'm told but dig a lot deeper
Again, there is absolutely no harm in comparing various types of units of this caliber they try to keep things in proper perspective for someone just journeying into this hobby I think the eversolo units are a no brainer, after our three day evaluation with the A8 I think it's going to be a keeper in a lot of respects I like it more than the Innuos, after owning quite a few makes and models I'm pretty certain I could live happily ever after with the eversolo 8
If the market goes the way I expected to I guess it won't be too much longer before they come out with a souped-up power supply for the A8
Yes we have to get that one switching power supply out of there to be honest with you I don't like switching power supplies either as long as they're implemented in their correct place like class d amplifiers they're wonderful in my opinion they don't belong in electronic devices such as these
I have heard , now keep in mind head, but from an extremely reliable source close to the company that they are already on their way out with a unit that Williams tosupersede A8 he didn't say when but he did say it is on the way and it's going to be approximately $1000.00 more over the A8, if this information is correct this ought to prove very interesting but absolutely the ever solo A8 is a hell of a nice unit no matter how you cut it I'm keeping it

Last edited:
May 9, 2024 at 8:16 PM Post #152 of 163
The main Reason I normally don' get involved in these type of discussions , extremely opinionated point of view from what I read. The Eversolo A8 is a
And actually spent some time with is a Darn nice pice of kit for what it's worth in terms of ownership, A very good friend of mine finally decided to crack open the box and see what this unit was all about , just my own personal opinion I believe it's a wonderful piece of equipment for all that it does and for all that it cost at the present time I was very surprised if not take him back quite a few steps for someone that's just starting out in this hobby or is just looking to expand their audio hobby I've came to the strong conclusion it's real hard to beat for the money and it's a very intriguing unit nice, now I also have to keep in mind that I have had or owned the following ,Lumin ,Aurender, Grimm,, Bluesound Node,and last Innuos. Again just my humble opinion I think the eversolo A8 is a steal for that kind of money, Does it sound better than my Innuos ? Absolutely not does the Innuos blow away the A8 absolutely not , would I buy the Innuos again ? I can honestly say I really don't know first of all the Innuos is approximately $4,000 more , is it's overall sound quality does it better the A8 I would say so but then again I'd have an extra $4,000 in my pocket just my personal opinion how do you put value on things I would rather have the A8 and keep the extra $4,000 cost, I see a lot of people talking about the hifi Rose, very nice units from what I'm told but dig a lot deeper
Again, there is absolutely no harm in comparing various types of units of this caliber they try to keep things in proper perspective for someone just journeying into this hobby I think the eversolo units are a no brainer, after our three day evaluation with the A8 I think it's going to be a keeper in a lot of respects I like it more than the Innuos, after owning quite a few makes and models I'm pretty certain I could live happily ever after with the eversolo 8
If the market goes the way I expected to I guess it won't be too much longer before they come out with a souped-up power supply for the A8
Yes we have to get that one switching power supply out of there to be honest with you I don't like switching power supplies either as long as they're implemented in their correct place like class d amplifiers they're wonderful in my opinion they don't belong in electronic devices such as these
I have heard , now keep in mind head, but from an extremely reliable source close to the company that they are already on their way out with a unit that Williams tosupersede A8 he didn't say when but he did say it is on the way and it's going to be approximately $1000.00 more over the A8, if this information is correct this ought to prove very interesting but absolutely the ever solo A8 is a hell of a nice unit no matter how you cut it I'm keeping it

May 9, 2024 at 8:50 PM Post #153 of 163
Wow 😲 what a disgrace looking at my above entry no more text talk to for me man that feature works awful at least on this tablet I guess that's why I got it for free seriously,

The one aspect to all this script of the ever solos performance primarily the A8, I also believe it is very unfair to go head to head with a unit that cost three and four times the price has the A8 with all due respect the guys out there comparing this unit against something that costs many times it's price is undoubtedly unfair, to me if that's the case then it should be compared to something that has the same amenities, can I compare my shure phono M91ED in a comparison to my vandenhall MC 10 , absolutely and the comparison would probably be a lot of fun but I must remember in retrospect that I'm not being fair from one cartridge to the other sure the mc10 absolutely sounds better but the 91 Ed from the 1970s is still a damn good cartridge too so what are you getting at other than a comparison that you more than likely knew the outcome of before you start it, okay getting back to the situation at hand and knowing what I know now after 30 years plus of being in this hobby what I purchase the ever solo A8 over the Innuos absolutely without doubt if I remember right I got into this and many stereo systems have came and went throughout the years but what I'm trying to say is I purchased a stereo to listen to music not to sit there and pick it apart cuz I'm not sure I hear every little nuance coming through my left and right channels at a precise time in the middle of the night in a secret location, to me and my past experiences that ever solo unit is okay maybe they see the light let these other companies price themselves out of business . The MSRP on audio equipment out there today is utterly ridiculous regardless of my income they're getting to the point not all not only are they insulting my intelligence they're insulting my pocket.
Come on man, $.12000.00 for a streamer I'm not going to mention any names you would know exactly who I'm talking about and if you don't it's not hard to find out this is a big part of the reason why we have a dying hobby not at all like it used to be but then again neither is anything else, just one part of these issues of why people are losing interest and this endeavor you need more companies out there like
Eversolo , that'll give them a serious run for their money I think a few of these companies are pretty shook up right now I think there's a lot of sleepless nights going on. we better think of something fast well of course will always have the two or three guys out there that'll think of nothing to spending a half a million on it but will that support our sales for the rest of the year, ridiculous , don't be a fool like me buy an A8
This was not meant to be insulted or facetious to anyone just my honest opinion just like you have yours

May 10, 2024 at 12:03 AM Post #154 of 163
What is the best strategy for adding extra storage? External hdd connected by usb or the nvme ssd internally? About $150 cad for 4tb western digital external hdd vs $310cad for crucial 4tb ssd.

If going with hdd route: I’m assuming better for the hdd to be externally powered vs drawing from the a8 usb? Does it make a difference?

Obviously the speed will absolutely be better with ssd but I’ve never had any issues playing off hdd with my Mac mini. I would think that the hdd would be sufficiently able to handle the a8 without stuttering or dropouts?

I tried playing via smb over my home network wifi to a hdd attached to Mac mini. Got severe stuttering and drop outs while playing dsd64 and above. I’m guessing the file sizes might simply to be too large for wifi smb streaming.

Question: best way to transfer new music to the streamer? I saw a pretty convenient web interface. If I attach a hdd or ssd, could I transfer content to each one or is it only for the ssd? (Manual only specifies ssd)

Thanks!

Last edited:
May 10, 2024 at 1:27 AM Post #155 of 163
What is the best strategy for adding extra storage? External hdd connected by usb or the nvme ssd internally? About $150 cad for 4tb western digital external hdd vs $310cad for crucial 4tb ssd.

If going with hdd route: I’m assuming better for the hdd to be externally powered vs drawing from the a8 usb? Does it make a difference?

Obviously the speed will absolutely be better with ssd but I’ve never had any issues playing off hdd with my Mac mini. I would think that the hdd would be sufficiently able to handle the a8 without stuttering or dropouts?

I tried playing via smb over my home network wifi to a hdd attached to Mac mini. Got severe stuttering and drop outs while playing dsd64 and above. I’m guessing the file sizes might simply to be too large for wifi smb streaming.

Question: best way to transfer new music to the streamer? I saw a pretty convenient web interface. If I attach a hdd or ssd, could I transfer content to each one or is it only for the ssd? (Manual only specifies ssd)

Thanks!
The problem is definately the mac (which I doubt) or the wifi is the problem. I can play any file, even dsd128 over wifi to my eversolo from my synology nas (wifi5, not even 6)

Which mesh accespoints are you using through the house?

Ssd and normal spinning disk does not matter that much. You are not transfering 4k videofiles

Last edited:
May 10, 2024 at 2:23 AM Post #156 of 163
Don't bother with an external HDD if you have the option of mounting an internal nvme.
I'd go for one of the best 4TB budget nvme's out there at the moment: Crucial P3 4TB
Yes, it will cost you "only" about 90 bucks more than your external HDD suggestion, but nvme is totally silent and its also a "clean" solution, too, no extra black brick to attach on the back which makes a tiny bit of sound like all HDDs do (2.5 inch less than 3.5 inch, but still). Oh, and don't forget the blinky light on external drives whenever you access the drive (e.g. when you play something from it). It will constantly blink, unless you put a sticker on the LED.

One important reason I am going to buy the A8 is the nvme slot.
Sorry, just my 2c.

Last edited:
May 10, 2024 at 7:41 AM Post #157 of 163
The problem is definately the mac (which I doubt) or the wifi is the problem. I can play any file, even dsd128 over wifi to my eversolo from my synology nas (wifi5, not even 6)

Which mesh accespoints are you using through the house?

Ssd and normal spinning disk does not matter that much. You are not transfering 4k videofiles

I had this problem initially with the Gustard r26 dac as it has a built in streamer as well. That’s why I ended up using the usb route with that dac vs lan.

Im in a small apartment so no mesh access points. I have a router with my cable company. Mac mini attached via wired to router. Hdd attached to Mac via USB. A8 connected via wifi.

So everything is close to each other, same room. Not sure what else to try except keep those big dsd files on an added storage to the a8. That would eliminate the network issues.

Just have to decide HDD or SSD. I don’t care much about the blinking lights or having another small box. But if the HDD is contributing to the pauses and stuttering then I’ll go with ssd.

Also want to avoid not being able to use hdd with the eversolo web interface to transfer content. Not sure how that works with added storage.

May 10, 2024 at 12:15 PM Post #158 of 163
Still waiting on that ROON Ready certification from Roon.

Hopefully a new firmware update will become available soon from Zidoo/Eversolo.

Awesome unit tho'.

May 10, 2024 at 1:52 PM Post #160 of 163
i read somewhere the paperwork etc… is already done, so the delay sits with roon not the other way around
Yeah, that's why a wrote "from Roon". There's a lengthy/heated discussion about it on Roon's Community forums.

May 10, 2024 at 3:05 PM Post #161 of 163
Can it be that if from Eversolo's side all is fulfilled since actually quite some time, and everyone is waiting for Roon (Harman International) to act accordingly and give the certification, that Roon is slowing down the process intentionally?
If so, why?
I guess that Eversolo was hoping to get the cert for Munich... but sadly not it seems. Maybe Roon is in bed with a competitor to give them a timed competitive advantage for Munich... Wouldn't surprise me.

May 10, 2024 at 3:21 PM Post #162 of 163
Can it be that if from Eversolo's side all is fulfilled since actually quite some time, and everyone is waiting for Roon (Harman International) to act accordingly and give the certification, that Roon is slowing down the process intentionally?
If so, why?
I guess that Eversolo was hoping to get the cert for Munich... but sadly not it seems. Maybe Roon is in bed with a competitor to give them a timed competitive advantage for Munich... Wouldn't surprise me.
If Roon would do that, which is quite nasty, I hope karma bites them obselite

May 10, 2024 at 5:13 PM Post #163 of 163
I had this problem initially with the Gustard r26 dac as it has a built in streamer as well. That’s why I ended up using the usb route with that dac vs lan.

Im in a small apartment so no mesh access points. I have a router with my cable company. Mac mini attached via wired to router. Hdd attached to Mac via USB. A8 connected via wifi.

So everything is close to each other, same room. Not sure what else to try except keep those big dsd files on an added storage to the a8. That would eliminate the network issues.

Just have to decide HDD or SSD. I don’t care much about the blinking lights or having another small box. But if the HDD is contributing to the pauses and stuttering then I’ll go with ssd.

Also want to avoid not being able to use hdd with the eversolo web interface to transfer content. Not sure how that works with added storage.
Most of the time those build in wifi of providers is crap. It is smarter disable the wifi and get your own wifi accespoint and connect that one.

My provider provides me a modem/router, the first thing I did was enable passtrough, disable routing (I have my own router), disable wifi (I have my own accespoints)

And a ssd or normal spinning does not matter than much, not for music files

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back