Dragonfly Black vs Apogee Duet 2 vs ? for computer audio
Apr 2, 2024 at 1:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Jbucla2005

1000+ Head-Fier
As a source for my Fosi BT20A Pro amp, I'm comparing the Dragonfly Black with the Apogee Duet 2. The Dragonfly Black was connected with solid silver IC's and an Audioquest RCA-mini adaptor. The Duet 2 is connected with home made TS male -> RCA male adaptors (with very short wires made with Mogami 2549 cable). The Duet 2 sounds very nice but has a little bit of a flat sound, lacking in harmonic richness, and it's a bit boring. I assume this is because it's for mixing. The Dragonfly Black sounds very nice as well, but has loose, weak bass. I'm wondering if there is a better alternative to both of these under $300, or preferably less than $100. Dragonfly Red? I don't need to use it as a portable device. I will be using USB with my computer. I need something capable of 192kHz/24bit for hi res lossless Apple Music.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2024 at 3:25 AM Post #2 of 3
I plugged the Dragonfly into the analog inputs of the Duet. Boosted the gain of the inputs by 6dB and reduced the speaker output of the Duet by 6dB. Somehow, it sound pretty good this way. The bass and control is better with the duet as a pre-amp.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back