DIY Ground Box Thread
May 1, 2024 at 11:30 AM Post #1,622 of 1,627
Errrrr………..nope.
Same dudes who wouldn't believe how piezoelectricity is used in a simple quartz watch. Or their dac....or computer....

Actually………….I utilised piezoelectric sensors in extremely sensitive vibrational detection equipment and applied it in my employment at Gates Power Transmissions along with secondments to Siemens for work on PLC development but then again i was just a lowly Electronic/Mechanical engineer so you lot crack on with your magic crystal boxes and perhaps you’ll have a scientific breakthrough that will lead to a new branch of physics and the coveted Nobel prize.

At least your not ****8ng around with earthing rods for mains powered hifi so there’s no chance of actual deaths occurring amongst yourselves :wink:

May 1, 2024 at 1:08 PM Post #1,623 of 1,627
Same dudes who wouldn't believe how piezoelectricity is used in a simple quartz watch. Or their dac....or computer....
pretty sure most people know the fact quartz is used in watches, but the people that know about the "reverse pyroelectric/piezoelectric effect" are probably far less

also that piezoelectric materials are used in solar panels show how powerful they are, this is also where it clicked for me,
tho i never seen some measurements about the reverse pyroelectric/piezoelectric effect that should actually "consume" electricity (and therefore noise on our grounds)

but if the normal piezoelectric/pyroelectric properties can be that strong, i dont think its wrong to assume the reverse effect can be just as powerful

Maybe it would be possible to build a test rig with a ADC (with a test tone), running the bare plus pole wire through some piezoelectric material and comparing the ADC levels you get? tho i still think you still need fairly large amounts of contact area but im still unsure if you would need to connect both sides of the crystal to both + and - to actually "trigger" the reverse effect, but a electromagnetic field around the crystal (in the right orientation) might be enough

Last edited:
May 1, 2024 at 4:16 PM Post #1,624 of 1,627
At least your not ****8ng around with earthing rods for mains powered hifi so there’s no chance of actual deaths occurring amongst yourselves :wink:
ah i read about these too, tho i also heared of some device that makes two ground rods safe to use...

but you are right, using two rods just connected to ground is indeed dangerous from what i read, i think it will mess with your FI's ability to reliably trigger because it cant reliably "see" all ground currents flowing... dont quote me here, tho, this is what i remember from memory, and my memory isnt the best :D

Last edited:
May 1, 2024 at 4:39 PM Post #1,625 of 1,627
I'll take observed & repeatable experiences with my magic boxes over a random-internet-person's credential wagging every day of the week. I'm just here to improve my stereo & have some fun in the process. Not sure what's going on in your head, but you took an off-the-cuff joke wayyyy too personally, and it's highlighting a lot of insecurities. Just remember that these magic boxes are not a threat to your livelihood or personal wellbeing.
:relaxed:

May 1, 2024 at 5:16 PM Post #1,626 of 1,627
I'll take observed & repeatable experiences with my magic boxes over a random-internet-person's credential wagging every day of the week.

Ouch :wink: , nah you’re right……I’m just another gob online…..but………believing in magic boxes, whilst it is a personal choice, could lead to breakdown of rationalist thought process, it’s one step closer to believing that trump is the portend of the second coming of Christ

May 1, 2024 at 9:15 PM Post #1,627 of 1,627

Users who are viewing this thread

Back