Cyberpunk 2077
Aug 4, 2021 at 7:51 PM Post #61 of 75
Untitled.png

I'm eagerly awaiting new content for this. A big fat expansion would be nice.

Oct 26, 2021 at 1:35 PM Post #65 of 75
I tried playing it as soon as it came out. I couldn't do it. There were so many bugs, bugs, and difficulties that I had to stop playing. Has the situation been fixed now?
If it's a totally different game with actual thoughtful gameplay, I would give it another go. Gameplay was just terrible.

I mean you run around with a katana and button mash enemies? The game made no sense. They spend all that work on the visuals, and gameplay is really simple?

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2022 at 12:40 PM Post #68 of 75
I completed five play thrus before the bugs were squashed, but it took some effort. Finished my 6th two weeks ago and the game is so much better these days. Along with the bugs being *mostly* vanquished, they also did a total rebalance, making the game a bit more of a challenge than it used to be. It's still not hard to beat, but moreso than before.

Stoked for Phantom Liberty.

Dec 22, 2022 at 6:16 AM Post #69 of 75
I couldn’t play normally on my old PC, I also tried online services for streaming, there is also not good fps, it seems to me that something strange is happening with this game

Sep 21, 2023 at 12:09 PM Post #70 of 75
Patch 2.0 just dropped for this. Downloading now.

Looking at the patch notes, they've basically reworked every gameplay system in the game. Skills, weapons, armor, etc, all different, so I'm going to end up making ANOTHER new character.

On top of that, I'm excited to see how DLSS 3.5 is going to look/run. With path tracing the denoiser applied to the game makes many of the textures look too soft or splotchy, so I'm expecting huge upgrades to visuals. The announcement video for DLSS 3.5 showed a lot of promise, and I'm really hoping it will deliver.

The engine in general seems to have received some upgrades, and I'm curious to see how those pan out. The system requirements for the expansion look to be ridiculously heavy, recommending an AMD 7800X3D or above for 60FPS, which is concerning.

doot.png

SSD is also now a requirement, which makes sense.

Sep 21, 2023 at 6:18 PM Post #71 of 75
I don't think I'm going to use ray reconstruction. For environments it generally looks better, but at times the reflections seem overly detailed. Some surfaces just don't need a mirror finish, and end up looking incorrect.

On characters there seems to be an extra layer of sharpening, making skin look unnatural. Along with the extra sharpening, specular highlights also get sharpened a fair bit.

On top of all of that, you see extra temporal artifacts in reflections and shadows, particularly if something passes through them. (Although sometimes nothing even has to pass through them to get visual junk)

As far as gameplay changes go, there's a lot to like. Weapons feel like they hit a lot harder, making combat feel a lot more satisfying. The changes to cybernetics and armor also seems really neat, but I won't get the full effect of those until I get some more hours on the game.

Mar 13, 2024 at 2:58 PM Post #73 of 75
For anyone who gave up playing this game due to bugs, try it now that 2.0 is out. I never played it at release due to the tales of all the bugs and lackluster gameplay. Recently started at 2.0 due to some really positive reviews, and the game is great. Haven't run into any bugs in several dozen hours of gameplay.

Mar 16, 2024 at 2:24 PM Post #74 of 75
It’s good game now with the 2.1 update, just started phantom liberty and liked the story.

The only problem I have with the game is the world they build for the future, I find all the adverts misogynistic and sexists which is all over the world. I wished they had done better in that aspect. But story is good enough for a game and game design is very well executed.

Mar 17, 2024 at 12:53 PM Post #75 of 75
It’s good game now with the 2.1 update, just started phantom liberty and liked the story.

The only problem I have with the game is the world they build for the future, I find all the adverts misogynistic and sexists which is all over the world. I wished they had done better in that aspect. But story is good enough for a game and game design is very well executed.

It's a weird world for sure, one that is controlled by large corporations and there evidence of hyper-capitalism all over the world.

This video is interesting as it breaks down the different styles and influences that went into the building architecture in Cyberpunk 2077

To be honest, the game was already excellent and enjoyable with the pre 2.0 and 2.1 update but with a DLC that feels like another game, who can complain?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back