Canpur Audio - Impressions and Discussion Thread
May 11, 2024 at 4:38 PM Post #62 of 69
Yes, I did. Stock Socrates does not offer enough resolution to let 622 shine. PWA cables are my favorite synergy with Canpur IEM(s).

The new stock cable - EA Fusion - might be also good with 622, Chiron even better.
Yeah I was thinking of the PW Audio First Times (because of visual match 😄). Have you tried that one?

May 11, 2024 at 4:38 PM Post #63 of 69
have any of you cable rolled the CP622B, and with good results?
There’s a person on the Symphonium team that enjoys it with the Nightjar Mira 2W cable, even more so than Sovereign. Might be worth a look.

May 11, 2024 at 4:49 PM Post #64 of 69
Yeah I was thinking of the PW Audio First Times (because of visual match 😄). Have you tried that one?
Unfortunately not, but I tried Meet Agains Shielding, which has some DNA of FT and it was good. 1960s also pairs well, Orphy was awesome with CP and my favorite pairing is 1950s.

There’s a person on the Symphonium team that enjoys it with the Nightjar Mira 2W cable, even more so than Sovereign. Might be worth a look.
True, I heard this too!

May 11, 2024 at 4:50 PM Post #65 of 69
Good tip ill check it out as well 😄

May 11, 2024 at 4:53 PM Post #66 of 69
Unfortunately not, but I tried Meet Agains Shielding, which has some DNA of FT and it was good. 1960s also pairs well, Orphy was awesome with CP and my favorite pairing is 1950s.

True, I heard this too!

Seems like I cant go wrong with PW Audio, ill keep an eye on classified listings.

Whatever it will be, ill share my findings here

May 11, 2024 at 7:57 PM Post #68 of 69
have any of you cable rolled the CP622B, and with good results?

I am currently running the EA Fusion1 instead of the stock Socrates and I really like it. The Socrates is a good cable, but as was mentioned, I there are better options for bringing out the resolution capabilities of the Canpur. The Socrates is warm and full-bodied, though, if you are wanting thickness, it works pretty well for that. The Fusion1 brings more of the air and detail out of the top end. It tightens up the bass region and I feel it adds a bit more extension to the sub-bass region, too.

May 16, 2024 at 11:25 AM Post #69 of 69
Question for you experienced Canpur or CP622B folks— there’s a vent on the back (upper portion) of the IEM, is this supposed to be open or covered by your ear? Does this have to do with the BCD driver and should the vent be “venting” at/touching your ear? Or is it supposed to be kept open to vent the sound outside of the ear? Trying to get clarification on this because I can’t seem to find any information on it at all. Lots of sound leaks through this particular vent, so I am not sure what it is supposed to be doing.

I know there’s a tinier vent right next to the 2-pin connector insert, too, but I figure that’s probably for pressure relief.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back