Campfire Audio Trifecta Vs. Fir Audio Xenon 6
Apr 16, 2024 at 5:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

cachedbrown

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone,
I’m looking for a warm, super dynamic, punchy, and tactile IEM. I’m preferring something that sounds fun to listen to over something neutral and analytical. The kind of thing I think would sound great on a tube amp. I think I’ve come down to the trifecta and the xenon 6. I was hoping to hear from people who have heard both that could give their opinions on them. I also care about comfort, but I’m willing to get custom tips if either one doesn’t feel that great. I mostly listen to rap, orchestral music, pop, and video game OST’s which range everywhere. Given what I’ve described, which one do you think would be a better fit?

Apr 16, 2024 at 6:14 PM Post #2 of 14
I heard and loved the Xenon 6 last year... was set to buy it until I heard the Trifecta. Both are excellent but the Trifecta isn't to everyone's taste. The Trifecta has more treble energy, it can get shouty with the wrong tips, cable, and source. But set it up right and it's beyond the FiR, in my opinion.

Apr 16, 2024 at 6:53 PM Post #4 of 14
That’s good to know, thanks. I’m not too sensitive to treble so I don’t think I’d mind the trifecta tuning. Which one do you think the hit of cymbals would stand out more on?

Hard to say--I own the Trifecta, but haven't heard the Xenon 6 in some time.

Apr 16, 2024 at 7:01 PM Post #6 of 14
Warm and punchy is what XE6 is.
But Trifecta has better comfort.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2024 at 7:08 PM Post #7 of 14
Would you recommend the trifecta having owned it?

I currently own the Trifecta. The FiR is excellent but, to me, the FiR is an excellent iem that competes well with other iems. The Trifecta is just something else entirely. It competes not just with iems but with many full sized headphones I own. You honestly can't go wrong with either, but my take is the Trifecta is more unique. As such, some people will absolutely love it and some will not.

Apr 16, 2024 at 7:14 PM Post #8 of 14
Go lookup the CanJam NYC impressions thread and do a search for the Trifecta.

You'll see many people say it was the best iem they heard.

And you'll also see some people say that it wasn't great--very divisive, even Campfire knows it.

Apr 16, 2024 at 7:17 PM Post #9 of 14
Buy one from used market here. If you don’t like then sell it for minimal loss and get the other one. Both of these IEMs are in market for long time now so you can get one easily in used market.

Apr 16, 2024 at 7:25 PM Post #10 of 14
Buy one from used market here. If you don’t like then sell it for minimal loss and get the other one. Both of these IEMs are in market for long time now so you can get one easily in used market.
I think that’s a good call. I was planning on getting some custom fitted tips with the trifecta and I could just buy it used. And if that doesn’t work for me I guess I can go all in for a CIEM Xe6. Thanks for the help!

Apr 16, 2024 at 8:06 PM Post #12 of 14
Any portable amps you guys would recommend that pair well with the trifecta?
Go with DAP. Have heard that it was designed using Sony Walkman

Apr 16, 2024 at 8:15 PM Post #13 of 14
Go with DAP. Have heard that it was designed using Sony Walkman
That's what they say... WM1Z, I think.

Something warmer, Questyle M15 or Cayin RU6 would probably do it. I use an iFi Go Bar.

Apr 16, 2024 at 8:21 PM Post #14 of 14
That's what they say... WM1Z, I think.

Something warmer, Questyle M15 or Cayin RU6 would probably do it. I use an iFi Go Bar.
I love Walkman. May not be most powerful but very natural sound with good sub bass and nice bass decay with slightly warm vocals. Battery life of 30hrs in direct mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back