Bowers and Wilkins PX8 Wireless Discussion
May 22, 2024 at 1:34 PM Post #5,206 of 5,210
Hi All...

New Member here. :)

After purchasing a set of PX8s due to advice from Peter Tyson (previously had mark levisons) I can honestly say I'm disappointed. This is the second pair I've had on warranty and am awaiting pickup from Peter Tyson tomorrow.

For such a premium and expensive product the headband failure, is simply a design flaw, or production/QC flaw.

I'm really happy with the sound, over my XM3's they're worlds apart in terms of sound quality. ANC is another story, but I wear these daily for hours (I work from home) and maybe that's why they've failed. Had this pair 3 months in total and needless to say I won't be having another pair, I'll be requesting a refund. If I'm given a new pair, I'll list on eBay. Such a frustration.

However, all is not lost, I've just purchased Dali io 12's and while they might not be as good for EDM (primarily listening to this Genre) they should hold up with the 50mm Driver.

Anyway, thought I would share my frustrations and thought's on the PX8. Headband issue aside, best headphones I've heard so far, even over the 5509. Didn't like the sound profile of those, and they lacked punch.
Welcome to the multiple failure club.

May 22, 2024 at 2:01 PM Post #5,210 of 5,210
Wow, so weird that you guys are having multiple failures when the most trustworthy source on the Internets™ - Amazon reviews - says the problem is non existent!
Would you like some pictures of the failed headband? I mean I'm not making this up here, I spent £599 on these headphones and didn't expect failures of this type with them so soon after purchase.

Believe me, the headband issue is real. I've experienced it with both my pairs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back