Bluetooth codecs in 2022 & your opinion
Feb 21, 2022 at 12:21 PM Post #16 of 18
I’m pretty sure the Dolby format has the processing applied in the phone, then it’s sent to the air pods as a stereo AAC file.

Then it's still quite a bit more processing to take a multichannel format (with 3D audio metadata) and convert to a "binaural like" stereo for headphones. That while Apple is increasing the bandwidth size of a given Apple Music title.

May 12, 2022 at 3:41 PM Post #17 of 18
I would like to see comments from anyone that has been exploring the Qualcomm Snapdragon Sound system. They have a listing of all devices that are qualified by them to have the Snapdragon Sound badging: https://aptx.com/product-listing?aptx_type=766

My recent experience with source phone and Fiio UTWS5 that are both on the Snapdragon Sound qualified listing is as follows:
I see that my phone (Motorola Edge 2021) which is Snapdragon Sound certified is showing a Bluetooth codec “Qualcomm AptX Adaptive Audio” is in use when connected to the UTWS5. I find the SQ is really great! Tried Tidal Masters, Amazon Music : 360 Reality Audio, Dolby Atmos, Ultra HD and all were amazing. Never expected Bluetooth to achieve this performance. The earphones attached to the UTWS5 are Fiio FH9s. Range is perfect within the house with no dropouts. I'm a "Happy Camper" .....actually live in a large 5th wheel RV.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back